Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

North side tonight.
They are working on the 38th floor south end and 37th north end.
Elevator up to level 31.
IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6757.jpeg
    IMG_6757.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 17
Here is how Sky Tower has risen since the beginning of this year:

January 4, 2024:
20240104_141837.jpeg

August 27, 2024:
20240827_182217.jpeg

Sky Tower has risen by about 25 floors since the year started, and the crane has risen from below the lamp post to above it. The horse (ideally it would have been Wilson) seems to enjoy his view of the construction.

First Canadian Place: "For years...decades even, I've ruled this roust over looking this city from my pearly height. And these glassed young whippersnappers think they can overtake me now!?"

SkyTower at Pinnacle One: "/shrugs"

Edit/Erratum: I've ruled this roost*...proper. And /sigh...

Last edited:
First Canadian Place: "For years...decades even, I've ruled this roust over looking this city from my pearly height. And these glassed young whippersnappers think they can overtake me now!?"

SkyTower at Pinnacle One: "/shrugs"
Well, I'm still taller than that young'un when you measure me to the tips of my tallest hairs!! 😤

Well, I'm still taller than that young'un when you measure me to the tips of my tallest hairs!! 😤

Amazingly silly way to measure heights of buildings. Leads to nonsense like this where the shortest looking building is officially the tallest.

1000098760.png

The spire of the Bank of America Tower doesn't even connect architecturally with the rest of the tower, it's so stupid!

Also, side note, how do I remove the blur on Skyscraperpage diagrams? Do I need an account?

Amazingly silly way to measure heights of buildings. Leads to nonsense like this where the shortest looking building is officially the tallest.

View attachment 592080

The spire of the Bank of America Tower doesn't even connect architecturally with the rest of the tower, it's so stupid!

Also, side note, how do I remove the blur on Skyscraperpage diagrams? Do I need an account?

I never knew they were counting those spires as part of the height. Hard to tell now how tall some of these buildings actually are.

I never knew they were counting those spires as part of the height. Hard to tell now how tall some of these buildings actually are.

Yes, most measurements are to the tallest architectural element of a building rather than the highest accessible roof height. With the Bank of America Tower, the spire is part of the building and is permanent. With FCP, it has antennae which are not permanent and can be removed so they don't count the height of the antennae as part of the building height.

Personally, I believe the highest roof height gives a more accurate representation of the height of a building.

Back