Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I think I've changed my mind about the Toronto Star building. I always thought it was an eyesore, but looking at it up close from the street, I realized it's actually a very nice building.

I think it looks bad because of context. If this had been built on the right spot on Bloor, a lot more people would be fighting to protect it.

Protect it??, didnt know they were going to demolish it

The 1 Yonge proposal involves adding floors to it, and likely re-skinning it. I'm not sure how much of those renderings is conceptual; maybe the final proposal will be very different. But it looks like this building will be very different soon enough.

New "One Yonge" signage is now up around the building entrances. I didn't get a picture, but it looks like something from a Commodore 64 in the 1980s. Very odd choice of fonts and colours.

I honestly get WAY too excited every time someone writes something in this thread. I wish they would hurry up and release some info on this project.

Yep. I dread reading about the inevitable downsizing. Can they not just keep their mitts off this one?

I know right???!!!! If there is any place in ALL of Toronto that deserves a project this massive, it has got to be Yonge Street! This area has so much potential and a downsized version of this project would be a tragedy imo.

Yep. I dread reading about the inevitable downsizing. Can they not just keep their mitts off this one?

I know right???!!!! If there is any place in ALL of Toronto that deserves a project this massive, it has got to be Yonge Street! This area has so much potential and a downsized version of this project would be a tragedy imo.

If you're serious about that, then show up at the public consultations and tell those in attendance that you think this site needs something of landmark status here. UrbanToronto is a great place to express your feelings, but really make them heard by participating in the process! We will be sure to publicize the next meeting when we hear when it will be.

What does it say?

IMAG0635.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0635.jpg
    IMAG0635.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 1,380
If you're serious about that, then show up at the public consultations and tell those in attendance that you think this site needs something of landmark status here. UrbanToronto is a great place to express your feelings, but really make them heard by participating in the process! We will be sure to publicize the next meeting when we hear when it will be.

I wish I could, but I'm practically housebound but psychological maladies. I hope some others here do attend and express their views in favour of this project getting the go-ahead in its original - not a compromised - conception.

What an ugly ugly sign!

it may be ugly, but looking closer at it confirms what we already know that there will be in fact 5 towers in the latest design revision. And I don't think the tallest tower will be reduced in height, perhaps it may be even taller, but I do like that they are staggering the heights. All based on those multi-coloured lines on the sign; perhaps I'm digging way too deep into it :p

I think it would be interesting to go to a public meeting, I imagine its always mostly those opposed who are in attendance.
the sign is weird... certainly. But it has a very vintage movie poster quality to it, the colours and font reference futurism, could actually be a really good sign that they are putting edgy artistic process behind this. Not just your typical sterile marketing campaign.

I'm pretty sure the developer knows full well he won't get everything he is asking for - that's why he asking for so much.

This will get downsized, make no mistake, but what it gets downsized to is the question.

Honestly id like to know just how much the developer is prepared to build. If they get 80% of what they are asking for, how many years will this thing be spread over? My guess would be 10 to 15 years- but that's just a guess.

Back