Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Does anyone have a sense of the timing of the project milestones?
Sounds like the zoning amendment application was just submitted.
What's next, public meetings, area study, approval or rejection, re-design and re-submit, approve zoning, submit for bldg permit, break ground on first tower etc.,
Likely this will be several years, can anyone guess how long to greaking gound?
Thx

Thoughts, inital reactions

Yes could be a decade for the whole project and it could be a couple of years until ground is broken on the first tower.

I'm keenly interested in this one, since the height would block my view of the eastern gap and potentially some direct sun. But compared to the existing uses and the un-used potential of this parcel, I think this project has benifits.

Not sure I understand the "direct" link to Union station...hmm it's a 6 minute walk outside for me now so say 10 minutes from the middle of this project to a Go Train platform.

Btw, the street level rendering seem to have the Yonge St / Harbour St facade set back form the sidewalk. Does anyone know if that is so? Renderings always look good, magical light sources and shadows, lots of trees, maybe Harbour street is closed? So hoping more details are posted.

Thanks

Last edited:
The direct link to Union Station will come via a new PATH extension via the 45 Bay site AFAIK.

Yes, the Yonge Street facade is set back. From the front page story: Surrounding sidewalks will help the City realize its goal of providing a wide Yonge Street Promenade connecting all the way from the Financial District to a revitalized Queens Quay (pictured below) and Lake Ontario.

Harbour Street, as was also mentioned in the front page story, will be extended to Freeland Street. It appears that changes are coming for the sweeping curves leading from Harbour to Lake Shore too.

Surely they don't think that they can have harbour street just end at freeland? It does take the place of the westbound lakeshore after all.

First try at posting a few pics

looking directly east over the Gardiner to start of LCBO on the Freeland side
015.jpg
018.jpg

LCBO to Redpath and Waterlink, and the top of 6 story Star bldg
019.jpg
020.jpg

Toronto Star, Captin John's and the edge of 16 Yonge st
021.jpg
022.jpg

Yonge and Harbour St intersection
023.jpg

curve at Harbour St
024.jpg

north east end of site at Harbour and Freeland
025.jpg

Hope this works,
Cheers

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 828
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 812
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 796
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 809
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 813
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 817
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 808
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 799
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
Surely they don't think that they can have Harbour Street just end at Freeland? It does take the place of the westbound Lake Shore after all.

Well, you mean to say eastbound first off.

It's understood that the LCBO lands will be redeveloped as well and that Harbour will be extended east yet again when that happens.

The renderings we have seen so far of the 1 Yonge redevelopment come to us without any maps yet, and without further elucidation for the time being. I expect that we will know a lot more soon.

In the meantime, I'm guessing that the rendering which shows the buildings on the northwest corner of the complex (rounded off with the glass arch and a large pedestrian forecourt) is an ultimate plan view. I suspect that Lake Shore will initially be maintained around the curve until such time as Harbour is extended sufficiently far east to take the current traffic back up to Lake Shore somewhere before Jarvis. Once Harbour is extended then the bypassed portion of Lake Shore can be cut back to fewer lanes, and no longer with a curve at Yonge, allowing that large pedestrian forecourt area to be constructed.

Thanks 42,

So Harbour St gets re-configured through the current parking lot, through the existing LCBO, misses Loblaws and reconnects to Lakeshore at Jarvis. That's a "lot of ducks to put in a row", so to speak. I guess the horse trading will begin soon, lawyer up.

If Harbour truely does cut the property, does the developer get air rights in compensation for the loss of foot print of the new Harbour St? or perhaps the curve in the existing Harbour St gets closed and given to the developer in exchange.

Btw, what is the merit in re-configuring Harbour St in the first place? Not sure I get this yet.

Thx

I think the City wants pedestrian-friendly city streets there, not high-speed ramps.

Well we still need the car right? Or do we all just walk and ride bikes.

Regardless, I agree pedestrian friendly streets are desireable, but if there are no vehicles and arteries, then a city dies.

How does St Lawrence market get it's deliveries? Go train?

Shake your head, cars trucks are necessary

Well we still need the car right? Or do we all just walk and ride bikes.

Regardless, I agree pedestrian friendly streets are desireable, but if there are no vehicles and arteries, then a city dies.

How does St Lawrence market get it's deliveries? Go train?

Shake your head, cars trucks are necessary

nobody says we don't need cars, but a good city doesn't allow cars to dominate the streets. King St, Yonge st etc have busy vehicular traffic too, but pedestrians still have their space to walk on safely. Can't say the same near Yonge/Harbour/Lakeshore.

And if eastbound traffic through Yonge at Harbour is non pedestrian, but you take it away and dead end it at LCBO then where does it go? Knock down LCBO and re connect? same volume I think? Is that pedestrian?

Freeland Street is not a dead end, so if Harbour gets extended that far, you just make a left and then a right and you're back on Lake Shore. An interim measure might be to have half the traffic make a left and then a right at Yonge to continue east. Maybe the curved ramps will stay until Harbour extends through the LCBO site too. We don't know. Final decisions have not been made yet. We seem to manage with left and right turns in the rest of the city.

Back