Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Balconies typically have a higher standard finish than the rest of the facade. How many glass residential towers in Toronto have spandrel curtain wall and spandrel free curtain wall like the Melbourne tower?

Balconies typically have a higher standard finish than the rest of the facade. How many glass residential towers in Toronto have spandrel curtain wall and spandrel free curtain wall like the Melbourne tower?
What? Balcony guards are way, way, way lower standard finish. On what possible scale would you suggest they're a higher standard? I've installed high end railings and low end railings, and they're pretty much all crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Tower would become the tallest residential building in the world by floor count among buildings currently standing or are planning to be built, excluding buildings on hold.

Note that the article isn't updated, but at 105 storeys, going only by floor count, only the One Tower in Moscow is taller that's actually being built at 109 storeys (though the One Tower in Moscow might also be on hold due to Russia waging war against Ukraine).

Toronto would be able to claim a world record for tall structures, this time for residential buildings by floor count.

Sky Tower would become the tallest residential building in the world by floor count among buildings currently standing or are planning to be built, excluding buildings on hold.

Note that the article isn't updated, but at 105 storeys, going only by floor count, only the One Tower in Moscow is taller that's actually being built at 109 storeys (though the One Tower in Moscow might also be on hold due to Russia waging war against Ukraine).

Toronto would be able to claim a world record for tall structures, this time for residential buildings by floor count.

Is it because Toronto condos are stuck with super low-ceilings or is it just different construction methods?

My quibble here is that it's not tallest at all measured by floor count. Rather a tall building that has one of the most floors packed into it.

Is it because Toronto condos are stuck with super low-ceilings or is it just different construction methods?
More money for the developer that can charge a premium on more stacked units. Plus it meets more than its density objectives, unlike this complete waste of that space...

I was on the One Tower Wikipedia page, and it says it's on hold. It also doesn't say if the proposed increase was approved. The latest update was around 2020. I'm assuming it's still on hold.😀

This morning:

20221109_090750.jpg

Couple of renderings I’ve haven’t noticed before from HPA, including a view to the west of the office component, the residential podium(s), and some interior atrium shots that look more recent than the database (if posted already somewhere, apologies).

1yonge-office-west.jpg

1yonge-inside.jpg

Edited to add: I see that Northern Light posted a small partial look at the commercial view looking to the west months ago... he's almost always first in line of course;-).

Last edited:
Couple of renderings I’ve haven’t noticed before from HPA, including a view to the west of the office component, the residential podium(s), and some interior atrium shots that look more recent than the database (if posted already somewhere, apologies).

View attachment 438227
View attachment 438228

Edited to add: I see that Northern Light posted a small partial look at the commercial view looking to the west months ago... he's almost always first in line of course;-).
Is there a glass canopy on the POPS?

In today's Toronto Star
Original source: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...yscraper-a-new-proposal-hits-105-storeys.html
Non-paywalled version: https://archive.ph/Y5F3Y#selection-743.0-763.249

Quote from the article:

Pinnacle vice president of sales and marketing Anson Kwok said the skyscraper war is not what’s motivating the company. The decision to reach even higher was an internal one, considering what would be best for the city and the location. It wanted to add “some more intrigue” to the skyline, he said, calling the tower “a piece of artwork for the city.”
Of course, having bragging rights as “the tallest building in Canada” can’t hurt a project’s sales pitch, especially at a time when mortgage rates are soaring and cracks appear to be forming in Toronto’s once unstoppable condo market.

There are still some units available for sale and prices at Pinnacle One Yonge range from around $900,000 to $3 million, Kwok said. The completed development will include a community centre with a pool and basketball court that will be operated by the city, he added.
“Toronto’s a world class city, so I think in the last 10 years, 40 storeys were pretty common, then you get to 60. To get to that next echelon of city, in terms of New York or Chicago, I think architectural interest is greatly important,” said Kwok.

Back