Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Never thought I see a proposal in Toronto eclipse 100 floors.

Anything architectural gets included in the official height. Aura's tall parapet is included. The proposed CIBC 3's spire is counted as well.
Thanks so much for clearing all that up for me. I had been wondering about the CIBC 3's spire as well. Now I know! 😀

Come to think of it, if they're going to ask for all this extra height, why not ask for more height for the Toronto Star tower redevelopment part of the project as well? Maybe another 30-50 metres? I mean, if you're going to go all in asking for more height, why stop now?😀

Come to think of it, if they're going to ask for all this extra height, why not ask for more height for the Toronto Star tower redevelopment part of the project as well? Maybe another 30-50 metres? I mean, if you're going to go all in asking for more height, why stop now?😀
My guess is that given that part is offices, the economics are different, which holds back any height increase. They can probably sell these extra condos to rich overseas investors relatively easily, but filling the extra office space created by adding another 10-20 stories might not be as easy. Especially given they have to compete with The Hub, 11 Bay, CC3, Union Centre, Union Park, etc.

Here's a scale comparison showing the full 346 metre height next to the CN Tower and The One:

52481314267_e9e4eedade_k.jpg

My guess is that given that part is offices, the economics are different, which holds back any height increase. They can probably sell these extra condos to rich overseas investors relatively easily, but filling the extra office space created by adding another 10-20 stories might not be as easy. Especially given they have to compete with The Hub, 11 Bay, CC3, Union Centre, Union Park, etc.
Oh, right. Good point! I hadn't thought of that; thanks! 😀

What does the city honestly have to lose from this? An extra 10 stories of taxable condos will line their pockets with cash, might as well take the deal since the air above that tower will never be used for anything else
Well you have to consider the effects it would have on the existing infrasturcture, schools, services, etc. of the area. They cant just blindfully give an extra X amount of stories to a developer anytime they come asking for it because it would give them extra money. There are things to consider and review (not to say im particularly against it).

...it's a case where if we really want this, then let them go through with the proper paper work process that is needed for approval. Because in the end, if they get what they're asking for...we can rest assured that those fantastical heights for this project will come to fruition.

Back