Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

@Northern Light

I just noticed what I think must be a typo on the Phase 3 screenshot you posted. The parapet (architectural) height is 306m and the roof (which is obviously lower than the parapet) is 322.2m.

T/O Tower roof 322.2 metres

T/O Tower parapet 306 metres

Guessing the roof should have been 302.2 metres (aka typo)? Thoughts?

P.S. They also goofed on the SkyTower numbers, listing the total height at 328.05 metres (rather than 346.35 metres), yet correctly listed the total height for Phase 3 at 306 metres. Somebody needs a proof-reader.

Last edited:
@Northern Light

I just noticed what I think must be a typo on the Phase 3 screenshot you posted. The parapet (architectural) height is 306m and the roof (which is obviously lower than the parapet) is 322.2m.

T/O Tower roof 322.2 metres

T/O Tower parapet 306 metres

Guessing the roof should have been 302.2 metres (aka typo)? Thoughts?

P.S. They also goofed on the SkyTower numbers, listing the total height at 328.05 metres (rather than 346.35 metres), yet correctly listed the total height for Phase 3 at 306 metres. Somebody needs a proof-reader.

* I'll post the elevation drawing below. Note, that the info you see is elevation above grade, not height.

To get height, you need to deduct the average grade, which is listed as 76.8M at the bottom:

1667680939844.png

That gives me 306M for the Parapet.

My point was the roof (slab) is lower than the parapet yet listed higher...

The elevation above confirms an error and also gives you the correct info, the roof height is also listed above; and you're welcome, LOL

Is this because the Ford government just removed all height restrictions? I have a feeling his buddy buddy developers were given the heads up well in advance and they were just waiting for his housing & greenbelt announcement to release updated plans. I wonder how many other proposals will increase in height? Removing height restrictions is the only part of his plan I agree with touching, the greenbelt though will be a disaster and I hope people block the bulldozers!

Edit: Really excited about this height increase here!

Last edited:
I think it's known as the Willis Tower now by the locals...

Actually, it's very dependent on the local. I know some Chicago residents refer to it by the Sears tower, which does sound a lot better off the tongue than the current name. It's one of those things where a name sticks for those who grew up in the city, and the resulting change isn't seen as very resonant compared to the name they've had reinforced in their subconscious for years.

Anyways, I'm intrigued by this height increase. I'm not very trusting of Pinnacle all in all, but so far this development is proving to be fairly attractive.

There would only be one building in North America with more floors - the Sears Tower, with 108 floors.

I did a deep dive on CTBUH height criteria and am happy to report that the new 105 storeys and 346.35 metre height for SkyTower will elevate its status from Super-Tall to:

Super-Duper-Tall

CTBUH wall plaque
1667741589089.jpeg

Link

The elevation above confirms an error and also gives you the correct info, the roof height is also listed above; and you're welcome, LOL
Hi, Northern Light. Just so I'm following all of this correctly and understand, the official heights for the 2 towers, if the height increases are approved, will be 346.35 metres and 306 metres? Thanks! 😀

Hi, Northern Light. Just so I'm following all of this correctly and understand, the official heights for the 2 towers, if the height increases are approved, will be 346.35 metres and 306 metres? Thanks! 😀

If measuring to the parapet, then yes, that's my understanding.

Back