Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Perhaps I'm missing something but it seems like construction on phase 2 has stalled. I haven't' seen any visible progress in the last month or two.
They've been busy working on the podium of phase 2 every day. They poured another large south section of the 2nd floor this week, while the north end is still playing catchup. The podium floors are very large, so progress may just appear to be slow.

Pinnacle has their HOUSING LOTTERY for the 100 x affordable rental unites within the 32 Freeland component of the Pinnacle One Yonge community open for applications now - https://32freeland.ca/about/
  • Application deadline is 5pm on September 23rd, 2022.
  • Only one Expression of Interest per household.
  • 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Units
  • Rents from $1,446 - $1,961
  • Household Income Limits from $69-K to $94-K

1661690417720.png

There's something deeply dystopian about a housing "lottery." How long until some brilliant entrepreneur makes a reality show about it?
When my City-Brain hears the words 'deeply dystopian' - my thoughts go to places where there are thousands of "abandoned homes" (eg. Cleveland has '3,600-plus properties that are likely to need demolition') because people don't want to live there -VS- a City like Toronto, where people are trying everything possible to live/stay in our City.

In a perfect-world, Toronto wouldn't need a HOUSING LOTERY to allocate new units, because we would have spent the last 30+ years building enough apartments, condos and townhouses, etc to meet our demographic demands - and we'd have a healthy 5% vacancy-rate. That didn't happen, so for at least the next decade the HOUSING LOTTERY model is going to continued to be used for new Workforce-Housing rental units when they are ready for move-in.

In a perfect-world, Toronto wouldn't need a HOUSING LOTERY to allocate new units, because we would have spent the last 30+ years building enough apartments, condos and townhouses, etc to meet our demographic demands - and we'd have a healthy 5% vacancy-rate.
Yes this is what I meant. I thought that would have been obvious lol.

The construction site in @wmedia' photo looks absolutely massive from north to south, compared to the (seemingly) smaller footprint indicated in the podium rendering below.

Are elements (parking etc.) connecting SkyTower to the future Phase 3 also part of what we see u/c?

F0129pZSR3.png

emphur

Back