Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

This does not look "heavy duty" enough for a 95 floor tower. Am I missing something?

This is not 95 floor tower, 95 floor tower will be phase 2

This is phase 1, called "The Prestige" with 217 meter / 712 feet then it's 65 floor tower
one yonge.jpeg

This is not 95 floor tower, 95 floor tower will be phase 2

This is phase 1, called "The Prestige" with 217 meter / 712 feet then it's 65 floor towerView attachment 227399

The podium currently a couple floors above grade is the 65-storey tower (Prestige). The 95-storey tower (SkyTower) is indeed the next one to go up, and it is now in pre-sales (and is also featured in the skyline rendering that prompted this mini-discussion a few posts back).

Is there really a big glass dome covering the whole SkyTower building? That means no breeze on balconies?
Balconies are inset to protect them from wind, which is what you want when you're high up, but they won't be airless/breezeless. What you're calling a big glass dome , though, are sections of windows; the balconies simply aren't all that big on this tower. If you want more air, wait for the third tower where the balconies are larger.

If it displeases you that much never ever consider travelling to Europe. Toronto is extremely clean of graffiti, especially of the "low quality" tagging kind.

You might want to be more specific. There are many towns and cities I've been to in Europe where I've seen very little, if any at all.

You might want to be more specific. There are many towns and cities I've been to in Europe where I've seen very little, if any at all.
Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, pretty much everywhere but the picturesque tourist villages. Every day, regular Europe is covered in it. On the trains, the overpasses, side streets, bus shelters, etc. Some areas are better than others but Europe as a whole has a lot more of it, especially compared to Canada which is comparatively super clean. The fact that the TTC keeps it's entire infrastructure spotless is something most euro transit agencies could only dream of.

I don't even think its necessarily "worse", just they undoubtedly have much more.

Back