Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I don't know if I missed it, but do we know anything about the hotel - how many rooms, how many floors it will occupy, what brand?
The stats on the plans don't actually say the number of hotel rooms, only the GFA. Going through the floor plans, hotel rooms are located on floors 3-12 with the exception of floor 7 as that's for amenities. I counted 222 hotel rooms. This is just for Phase 2 as I don't believe there are any hotel rooms in Phase 1 or 3. No idea on the brand.

The stats on the plans don't actually say the number of hotel rooms, only the GFA. Going through the floor plans, hotel rooms are located on floors 3-12 with the exception of floor 7 as that's for amenities. I counted 222 hotel rooms. This is just for Phase 2 as I don't believe there are any hotel rooms in Phase 1 or 3. No idea on the brand.
Thanks for the info. I got it wrong then. I saw the plan for the hotel floor 8 and then in another place some res floor plans starting on the 27 so I assumed the hotel occupied 8-26. 13-27 then would also be residential but with different layouts.

Thanks for the info. I got it wrong then. I saw the plan for the hotel floor 8 and then in another place some res floor plans starting on the 27 so I assumed the hotel occupied 8-26. 13-27 then would also be residential but with different layouts.
No worries. Plans change, so perhaps you saw an earlier one? I thought hotel rooms only went up to level 7, so I learned something new as well.

I expect construction to start flying again now that they are above level 2. The floorplates are generally the same up to level 7. Starting on level 8 is the tower floor plate, so things will pick up more at that point.

Thanks for the info. I’ve bought a south facing unit in phase 2, on the 59th floor. It should be a good one.
Congrats. At that height you should still get a good view of the lake even when phases 4&5 get done.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t envy you when few elevators go out of service as they inevitably do. On occasions, I had to take the stairs few times a day (20 floors) and my legs complained very loudly the next day.

Off topic, but I regularly walk up the stairs to our condo (30+ floors), just for exercise. The first few times almost killed me, but you'd be amazed how quickly you can get used to it. Not that I'm suggesting it's a practical replacement for elevators though! :D
Good idea. I do it maybe once a year. I feel good doing it and don’t even have to stop but my legs would be extremely sore and I walk funny for the next couple of days. Maybe if I try it every couple of weeks they can get used to it.

Off topic, but I regularly walk up the stairs to our condo (30+ floors), just for exercise. The first few times almost killed me, but you'd be amazed how quickly you can get used to it. Not that I'm suggesting it's a practical replacement for elevators though! :D
I did this early in the pandemic to get exercise, when my soccer league was canceled and there was nothing open to ride my bike to. It's actually a decent exercise plan that is pretty doable because it's in such small chunks, and it makes a big difference. But yeah, does not work with a toddler, a stroller, or both.

Congrats. At that height you should still get a good view of the lake even when phases 4&5 get done.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t envy you when few elevators go out of service as they inevitably do. On occasions, I had to take the stairs few times a day (20 floors) and my legs complained very loudly the next day.
What’s phase 4 or 5, that Toronto star building?

Correct. I don't believe we have official renderings yet but there will be 2 towers on the plot to the south, one of which will likely be an addition to the Toronto Star tower. We do know both will be offices though, and potentially a second hotel on the site

What's missing from the database link @khaldoon provided are these revisions to the design plans for the Toronto Star Building itself, posted by emphur a year or so ago (can be found in the 'Member Photos' section of that same link).

The database renderings show The Star completely reclad in curtain-wall but in response to criticism (? from the Design Review Panel IIRC), HPA re-designed The Star make-over in a fashion that maintained the appearance of the building's 'original bones'.

Nw4imOCsOq.png

emphur
6kZ4j4eBYG.png

emphur

Before and After via @Northern Light:
dzc4qbVKHb.png

Northern Light

How tall does phase 4 + 5 star building go
At present the tallest tower is 40 storeys (likely still below your view) .... until Pinnacle applies for a 60 storey increase of course.

Back