Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

A quick question - was the balcony glass for the building contracted directly with a manufacturer, or through a local supplier / dealer / distributor?

My understandig would be that If the purchase agreement was directly with the original manufacturer, yes - then they would be the ones who would have to stand behind their product. If the purchase was through a dealer / distributor who held the contractual relationship with the builder, then they would be the ones who would have to stand behind the product, and they would have to be the ones who would have to have the recourse to the manufacturer they were representing - unless there was a specific manufacturer's warranty on the product that was passed through to the developer as part of the contractual terms for the purchase.
The database file says that the building envelope supplier is BV Glazing Systems which is a massive Toronto based supplier with projects all over North America including NYC, Vancouver, and Seattle. Albeit expensive, they are big enough to afford a hit like this in order to sustain developer relations along with product development/confidence.

BVGlazing supplied and installed the balcony system, but they themselves are not a glass manufacturer. They purchased the glass from a third-party, and it appears the fault is with the third-party. I'm sure an understanding between Pinnacle, BVGlazing, and the third-party will be reached. Delivering the units for occupancy on time has to be everyone's priority.

BVGlazing supplied and installed the balcony system, but they themselves are not a glass manufacturer. They purchased the glass from a third-party, and it appears the fault is with the third-party. I'm sure an understanding between Pinnacle, BVGlazing, and the third-party will be reached. Delivering the units for occupancy on time has to be everyone's priority.
The balcony glass will not delay occupancy. It's not uncommon to move someone in while their balcony is still under construction (it's technically a common space vs. part of the unit ownership).

It's also not uncommon for the city to deny occupancy if the balconies aren't ready. The building permits specified a building with balconies, and the city is not obliged to sign off occupancy on a building with open permits.

I've literally done 7 12s to finish balconies for occupancy. It's up to the city to decide if it's an occupancy issue.

It's also not uncommon for the city to deny occupancy if the balconies aren't ready. The building permits specified a building with balconies, and the city is not obliged to sign off occupancy on a building with open permits.

I've literally done 7 12s to finish balconies for occupancy. It's up to the city to decide if it's an occupancy issue.
Interesting! I've been in a few condos where my balcony wasn't accessible because they were still installing glass.

Thursday afternoon 3/17/22 and Friday sunrise 3/18/22
Form work for the ground floor, and sunrise this am out my window as I logged in for work. Reminds me of Stonehenge, but not the right date.
4A7FC432-CF54-47AD-AE50-6AE63B3917AD.jpeg
524628B7-DBE3-453C-BDCB-ADCC4E51C74C.jpeg
98D2FB08-78C7-42CA-AE6D-69088589FFEA.jpeg
244896AE-166A-4993-828D-ED0D677E7315.jpeg
244896AE-166A-4993-828D-ED0D677E7315.jpeg
B2F65376-5508-49C9-AD8F-46C5BEFF27A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Really appreciate all the folks who take photos of this site. I was down at 1 Yonge on Sunday at the VR Libraries event and tried to take a picture here but couldn't get a good view. At my age I don't really climb fences very well and if people see you doing anything weird might end up in some ward... anyways thanks again.

Saw a truck full of the balcony glass driving away from the site yesterday. It all looked very carefully secured. Perhaps they're shipping it off site to be fixed and then returning it, rather than actually throwing it away and replacing it with new glass?

Saw a truck full of the balcony glass driving away from the site yesterday. It all looked very carefully secured. Perhaps they're shipping it off site to be fixed and then returning it, rather than actually throwing it away and replacing it with new glass?
If it can be properly re-laminated, that's a huge win for everyone, including the environment, far less power required than to melt it all down again...

Seems like they are also removing glasses and balconies from two other faces of the building (west and south) . 🙊. I wonder what is happening with the building? Should I be worried for the worst? I hope that Pinnacle will not replace these nice balconies by cheapened glasses and balconies.

Screenshot_2022-03-20-21-09-52-1.png
Screenshot_2022-03-20-21-09-25-1.png
Screenshot_2022-03-20-21-09-25-1.png

Karma hit Pinnacle for doing a bait and switch with their renderings ;)
Sorry? I thought the renders for this project were actually pretty accurate. IMO, this building looks even better than the renderings.

Or are you referring to another project you seem bothered about?

Sorry? I thought the renders for this project were actually pretty accurate. IMO, this building looks even better than the renderings.

Or are you referring to another project you seem bothered about?
One should never take winks seriously, unless they're objectively offensive... 😸

Back