Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Yeah - it's the park that's part of Menkes development that is that size.

Some recent pics
BA894275-17D8-4C0E-BFEC-D20903791DF3.jpeg
344FDE86-3A65-4C64-BB97-AF56B30B200A.jpeg
0E64FD09-3044-43FE-B155-A0545280FAF3.jpeg

So, the recent height claim is getting interesting. I thought I should look into this Tallest Condo in Canada thing, so I'm adding this post to show what's clear now, and what's unclear.

Here's the top of The One:

1BWTop308-6m.jpg

You'll notice on the left above that the "TMD Roof" (that stands for Tuned Mass Damper) is at 305.6 metres. On the right, you'll see another 3000 millimetres are to be added for the top of the super-column structure, so a total of 308.6 metres, or 1,012' 5 ⅝".

The top of Pinnacle One Yonge's Sky Tower appears on its Architectural Plans on the City's site as below.

1YTop306-9+?m.jpg

That "Top of Slab Mech Roof" is 383.7 metres. That's above sea level. It shouldn't technically say Slab Mech Roof though, it should say Screen, which the actual mechanical roof slab sits below by a few metres. Anyway, take away ground level of 76.8 metres and you get 306.9 metres to the top of the screen. So, that's 1.7 metres shorter than The One.

Thing is though that there's a tuned mass damper on the roof of this tower too, and we we can see it's 5.5 metres high, but we don't know exactly how far it sits above the screen… but using a ruler to compare heights on this not-legal-document, it appears that 2 metres of the TMD's 5.5 metre height are sticking out above the screen. That would make the height 308.9 metres, or basically 1 foot taller than The One.

However, when I approached Pinnacle's PR people about their claim today, they said that this tower is 313.4 metres tall. I have asked for documents to back up that claim. We shall see what we get, and I'll wait to make a change to the database file and the thread title until they've gotten back to us.

~20% sold according to Urbanation, and that's likely at least slightly dated. Has this even gone to public sale yet, or are we in one of those VIP/VVIP/VVVVVVVIP periods?

I dont k ow about sales but pinnacle is doing some hardcore marketing and advertisements. I've seen multiple articles since yesterday about this tower claiming to be the "tallest res building" and some ads too

Pinnacle got back to me. Their claim is based on maximum allowable building envelops, and is not based on the actual architectural plans.

page1image83295440

They're just adding those together, even though some elements are nested in others, and we do not count BMUs in total height. So, this is pure loopiness, and I've told them that we will need actual architectural plans before we accept a new height. I even sent them the graphic that I provided above. Until such time as we get something credible, the claim is suspicious and the database file stays the same, and the thread title is not changing.

Back