Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Just now. Lots to note for Phase 2. Concrete pour on P6. Forming of P5. Knock-out panels for P6, P5, P4 and P3 knocked out! Ramp completely removed. Excavation nearing completion.
Also more framing and glass on ground level of Phase 1.

20210924_133644.jpg

I still dont understand how they're going to get those construction trucks out of there...lol.
From Sugar Wharf Aug 31, 2020. Guessing 40 ton excavator? I assume they will remove the equipment and install the tower crane on the same lift In the next week or so.
I like the optical illusion of size and depth in this picture..
1C959668-F697-47B0-91D9-67B13D1AE4A7.jpeg

07CE9608-27FB-4704-9F40-885210C20FEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, a bit off topic, but can anyone explain why Sugar Wharf condos needed that huge slab but the much taller phase 2 of 1 Yonge doesn’t? Are the soils that different even though they’re nearly right beside each other?

Sorry, a bit off topic, but can anyone explain why Sugar Wharf condos needed that huge slab but the much taller phase 2 of 1 Yonge doesn’t? Are the soils that different even though they’re nearly right beside each other?
I had the same thought last year with the shorter first tower and now more obvious with the second larger tower. Seems very similar in depth, height and base conditions. I wonder what the premium for the structural budget was between the two sites. Over engineered or under engineered? Hopefully we never know. Maybe an earth quake rating was factored into the design?

Back