Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

If enough people said something about cladding choices it would make the difference. Acting like you have no power to make a change is a cop out. Giving in to just excepting and being told I guess.. is that what your trying to say here. People have no power to make changes? Wow Your defeated before you start man.
You've seemed to have extrapolated a lot of things I've said without evidence there. As it should also go without saying that I do hope developers read our complaints and whinging here so that it will effect better change to the projects they propose, working on currently and/or for the future. But that's pretty much all we got legally as far as I am aware when it comes to promoting better design with better materials. /shrug

Speaking of "bangers", how's the banging of the excavation going? Haven't seen a pic of the excavation for phase two in awhile?

Ah yes, I've been a bit slack with my updates. Here's a couple of pics from today...

20210422_112814.jpg
20210422_112824.jpg

A couple from my side.
In the red bubble is an area where the concrete appears suspended. And the shale looks undercut back into the side.
There was a group of men there discussing something close to this area. Not sure what they were talking about but likely next steps.
I also looked for markings for a crane pad location, didn’t see any.
61CC436B-4062-41FA-9408-51D7859BF339.jpeg
EEFD9247-362B-4A15-BF8E-25E4673CA37B.jpeg

In the red bubble is an area where the concrete appears suspended. And the shale looks undercut back into the side.
There was a group of men there discussing something close to this area.
They discovered...

1) Where Jimmy Hoffa was buried.
2) The outline of a crashed alien spacecraft.
3) A secret bunker from the Diefenbaker era.
4) A door to a tomb left by a Masonic faction from a bygone time.

...or they don't have a clue what it is they discovered either. >.<

The footprint of the tallest tower is awkwardly small in comparison to the shortest tower. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

The footprint of the tallest tower is awkwardly small in comparison to the shortest tower. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
It won't really matter in the end since they will all be connected to the same podium to access the amenities., this tower has a smaller plot of land to begin with, but perhaps if it has been give a bigger one the end result would still be the same podium space as now when it connects with the other podiums

If you want to see some awkwardly small footprints for even taller towers I point you to Billionaire's Row in NY a few of those have very tiny lots and the towers are 100m taller.

The reason the first podium is larger is that it has a community centre in its base with a gym and pool and running track, etc etc; it's not a matter of the podium being large enough to support a taller tower… In fact tall towers don't need podiums simply for support purposes. (Toronto prescribes podiums to create urban street walls at ground level while keeping towers separated enough to provide natural light and some views to the units, and to stop wind that races down the sides of buildings from knocking pedestrians off their feet: podium level deflect the wind away.

Meanwhile: a drawer? There's a drawer down there? Morian origin maybe? Or could Korg have had an underground den here?

1619187731499.png

@mburrrrr

Last edited:
Some closer shots of what @cc46 was looking at.
I guess they are getting ready for one more row of tie backs and then more excavation.

View attachment 314457
1YongeSectionSN1280.jpg

Wow, unless things have changed, those taller floors are about half way up meaning we've still got a lot to go here. I counted about 40 tower floors + 5 in the podium in the above picture.

Back