Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Frankly I'm just tired of all this down-beaten pessimism for literally any project that hasn't even broken ground. We're already pleasantly surprised by the quality so far. Seems like half the posts in here are just nay-sayers and Toronto-bashers. 🤷🏻‍♂️
in my defense, im a pretty optimistic guy, but sometimes having a bad day can lower my optimism and i guess that's what happened when i made that comment. ;)

in my defense, im a pretty optimistic guy, but sometimes having a bad day can lower my optimism and i guess that's what happened when i made that comment. ;)
Well we've definitely all been there 😅Some people having bad days everyday on here it seems these days...

Another fun little photoshop experiment, here's One Yonge (along with some other major projects) on the skyline. I did this pretty quick so the perspective may be off in places but it gets the idea across!

(stock image source: iStockphoto)
View attachment 297713
Great job! And to think some buildings are missing from this already-huge future skyline, like 160 Front, 200 Queens Quay, Canada House, 212 King St W...wow

I repudiate straight-up Toronto bashing where I see it as unfair (for example bashing something that in fact compares favourably to other jurisdictions; or implying certain problems are unique to this City when they are not).
Wait...Chi-Town is full of streamlined futuristic buildings, where as The Big Apple looks like something out of Coruscant with flying cars taboot. While we stuck with a monotony of spandrel grey boxes trying to be the taller version of Brampton. Didn't cha know? >.>

Indeed it can - I frequently find myself falling to the dark side.

On my better days, I manage to suppress caustic commentary and simply click on the sad or angry face emojis!
Yet, I find you one of the best at spearing things that need to be speared. So please don't ever change. /bows

Indeed it can - I frequently find myself falling to the dark side.

On my better days, I manage to suppress caustic commentary and simply click on the sad or angry face emojis!
Good thing UT has more than one reaction type rather than only a simple "Like."

Most other message boards that have a "Like" button only have "Like" as an option.

B564EE64-B0AA-4AB4-B7C1-C6A391DFDFB6.jpeg
9EB0310B-1C40-4E4E-97E6-BA195C7024CD.jpeg

Another fun little photoshop experiment, here's One Yonge (along with some other major projects) on the skyline. I did this pretty quick so the perspective may be off in places but it gets the idea across!

(stock image source: iStockphoto)
View attachment 297713

Crazy. Nearly the entirety of the old skyline will be covered up now.

The more this building grows, the more it is growing on me. Nice materials and details so far. Nothing exceptional but not bad (and I will take "not bad" at this point, sadly).

Back