Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Some sailboats
5D8CB8C0-D14B-49FE-BE71-F89A71F7C674.jpeg

So true, there needs to be greenery. Perhaps a commissioned mural? And trees.

Since Phase 3 tower (and the rest of the podium) will live on the north end of the site, are u suggesting a mural and trees for the interim?

6918-88103.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, The North wall seen from highway won’t be seen as the phase 3 will be there... and that face for the entire podium is curved and will be real nice.

Does anyone know the rationale of having the public space be oriented towards the highway? To me it seems more intuitive to have the square on the south side facing the lake and there are more opportunities to advance the public realm southwards in the future phases of the project (the Star building lot redevelopment)

Does anyone know the rationale of having the public space be oriented towards the highway? To me it seems more intuitive to have the square on the south side facing the lake and there are more opportunities to advance the public realm southwards in the future phases of the project (the Star building lot redevelopment)
The public space is on the north side because that's currently Lake Shore Blvd. Once Harbour opens a few blocks further east in the future, they can eliminate that curving Lake Shore piece and convert that to public space.

Similarly, the Pinnacle Centre across Yonge Street will have a new public space to its southeast, away from the expressway, as the other half of the curving ramp between Harbour and Lake Shore will be removed from there.

In the interim, that blank concrete north wall may be the image seen for several years. I understand that a future phase and new building will be in that space, but between now and then I would think Pinnacle would want a better presence. I would.
I’ve worked on many multi phase projects, never expected a developer to leave an ugly fascade on a show case project. My opinion. And an opportunity Pinnacle, or not.

The public space is on the north side because that's currently Lake Shore Blvd. Once Harbour opens a few blocks further east in the future, they can eliminate that curving Lake Shore piece and convert that to public space.

Why would eastbound Lake Shore be closed? That will cause a traffic nightmare.

Back