Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Last night

C1DE8FC1-FFF5-4644-8053-BEDED0A7DB58.jpeg

This isnt fully related to the thread, but today was shit day and I am continuing to lose hope for humanity.

I'm so glad there are places like this, where a bunch of people who all share a love for buildings can just share photos and chat about buildings.

Everyone mostly gets along, everyone is mostly civil, and we all chat about things that ultimately arent that meaningful however theres often very little controversy as a result.

Seeing these photos tonight made me smile and appreciate the little things in life. Stuff that most people would say doesnt really matter, or it's silly to care about.

So thanks to everyone who contributes! And also this building is really starting to make its presence felt and I love it!

Easy, not all of us have great grammar and some are native English speakers.
Easy yourself friend, I wasn't the one correcting someone's spelling lol. I was just poking a bit of fun at the one doing the correcting ;)

Last edited:
Personally, i don't see this view as something i would go out of my way to sit and look at for the afternoon. To each his own though.
It does remind me of when my folks oft traveled to Goderich all the way from Woodstock to watch the comings and goings of the salt mine complex over there...

Personally, i don't see this view as something i would go out of my way to sit and look at for the afternoon. To each his own though.

I admittedly prefer going when there's a ship docked unloading sugar cane. When there's no ship I prefer looking northwest to the skyline, east to the promenade, or south to the water. Either way, I much prefer it to HTO park with the yellow parasols. Sugar Beach is way more interesting.

I admittedly prefer going when there's a ship docked unloading sugar cane. When there's no ship I prefer looking northwest to the skyline, east to the promenade, or south to the water. Either way, I much prefer it to HTO park with the yellow parasols. Sugar Beach is way more interesting.

Especially when the tugboats are motoring around, or the little police Zodiac comes in to take a look. The toddler loves Sugar Beach, even if he can't say "sugar" yet. He especially loves it when that big green scoop (is there a name for that thing?) is unloading sugar.

HTO has multiple problems, too many paths, bad material palette, terrible lighting, wrong trees................I haven't done a thread on that one yet in problematic park design.........i may need to do that.......

Simply because of its location it gets more use than it would otherwise merit...........

But it could be so much better.

Back