Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Making its presence on the skyline.

View attachment 324832

This angle is so great, gave me inspiration to create a southcore/harbourfront future skyline! I photoshopped together a pretty solid (with a few errors) rendition of the skyline further down the development pipeline with different marketing renders.

Projects included: Pinnacle One Yonge, 11 Bay, The HUB and CIBC Square Phase 2 (I know it's backwards).

It's super impressive how much more built up it looks with only 5 extra buildings, of course the scale is approximate. It's exciting that all the proposed buildings bring unique ideas on form and material to the table, and they fit nicely together in context.

I had a little fun with some text too; looks like a real estate magazine. I wanted to bedazzle it more because I love the TTC Font, but then I feel like I'm handing out free marketing materials. The quality is lowered and photo credit is applied in case this is ripped to other places. I do have a higher resolution version if someone wants it.

(bg photo credits: @Od1n )

harbourfront.jpg

This angle is so great, gave me inspiration to create a southcore/harbourfront future skyline! I photoshopped together a pretty solid (with a few errors) rendition of the skyline further down the development pipeline with different marketing renders.

Projects included: Pinnacle One Yonge, 11 Bay, The HUB and CIBC Square Phase 2 (I know it's backwards).

It's super impressive how much more built up it looks with only 5 extra buildings, of course the scale is approximate. It's exciting that all the proposed buildings bring unique ideas on form and material to the table, and they fit nicely together in context.

I had a little fun with some text too; looks like a real estate magazine. I wanted to bedazzle it more because I love the TTC Font, but then I feel like I'm handing out free marketing materials. The quality is lowered and photo credit is applied in case this is ripped to other places. I do have a higher resolution version if someone wants it.

Amazing job! Very cool to see a glimpse into what may be in the near future. I will say the view is breathtaking in person, photos really don't do it justice, from this angle the sheer size of the core and the density and relative low-rise of the east really feel "big city".

Look what happens when you limit the buildings at a certain height. As seen in the photo up above . It would have been nice to see one of two proposed office towers eg The Hub climb at least 300m.

Look what happens when you limit the buildings at a certain height. As seen in the photo up above . It would have been nice to see one of two proposed office towers eg The Hub climb at least 300m.
Actually this view is much less tabletop than the traditional toronto skyline. 1 yonge skytower really stands out as a focal point on the skyline. It has "big city" vibes. Won't look out of place in London or New york.

Though a 300m + The Hub would have been amazing !

The Hub is a moot point seeing as it looks like it's not getting built (at least in our life time). Maybe CC3 but that will be 299 so it's close enough.

The Hub is a moot point seeing as it looks like it's not getting built (at least in our life time). Maybe CC3 but that will be 299 so it's close enough.
Is that your impatience kicking in or did you get that from official channels?

View attachment 325015

A little off topic, but what beautiful building is that with green roof and clock on it?

Absolutely wild to see this rendering, and there will be even more massive buildings to the east as well creating a huge wall that was never there before. Construction booms like this really are the fundamental topology of a place changing — new mountains appear in the world around us in a startling short period of time on a geologic scale.

Whether the current The Hub proposal is built or not, something on The Hub site is sure to be built eventually — and perhaps if the current iteration dies a new future proposal might be proposed taller once this new extremely tall eastern wing on Southcore is built.

Last edited:

Back