Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I didn't know that this condo is going to have part of its facade's columns similar to 1 Yorkville condo's columns ! That will certainly add texture to this condo !

Interesting, thanks!
I hadn't realized that the cladding would be faceted. I expect fritted and clear glass similar to Massey Tower's balcony glass.

Stop teasing me! You had better be right. Ironically, I just posted my 5 minute fix for the Harbour Castle Convention Ctr. site... with a sample fritted curtain wall lol.

I don't remember seeing any excavation. Where are all these 2000+ units going to park?

If you are capable of looking back at the previous pages in the thread, you will find that there was indeed an excavation for this development.

There's 6 levels of parking underground

It was discussed a dozen times. The thread is for entire project- the three phases.
Personally, I don't think this is a good plan of attack.

We have sep threads for Casa 1, Casa 2, Casa 3, X1, X2, Aquavista, Aqualuna, Aquabella, etc. I understand this is ultimately one site (and project done in phases), but you could argue the same with Bayside. I think that having separate threads for different buildings (which will be registered separately as condo corporations), makes it easier to look up specific information, past comments and updates. Maybe keep a master thread for the overall development, and sep threads for the buildings themselves (including the proper massing info).

...besides breaking this into 3 threads, would force them into considering to breaking up The Well into 7. And no one really wants that.

Keep in mind though, the commercial aspect of this project already has it's own thread.

...besides breaking this into 3 threads, would force them into considering to breaking up The Well into 7. And no one really wants that.

Keep in mind though, the commercial aspect of this project already has it's own thread.
Great point, yes, it shouldn't be treated as a black and white rule. However, your argument has some challenges in the example you mentioned. The Well is going up all at once (with the commercial building gaining steam of course). 1 Yonge is more or less going up one at a time and there will be years separating the completion of each tower. The next "phase" hasn't even started the dig. But hey, I'm just one opinion.

With All due respect that wasn't an attack. I was just reminding the person that there is on thread for the three phases and they should be that way cause they are on the same address/plot.
My apologies Urban-affair if that offended u.
Personally, I don't think this is a good plan of attack.

We have sep threads for Casa 1, Casa 2, Casa 3, X1, X2, Aquavista, Aqualuna, Aquabella, etc. I understand this is ultimately one site (and project done in phases), but you could argue the same with Bayside. I think that having separate threads for different buildings (which will be registered separately as condo corporations), makes it easier to look up specific information, past comments and updates. Maybe keep a master thread for the overall development, and sep threads for the buildings themselves (including the proper massing info).

With All due respect that wasn't an attack. I was just reminding the person that there is on thread for the three phases and they should be that way cause they are on the same address/plot.
My apologies Urban-affair if that offended u.
I think your misunderstanding him. "Plan of attack" is a saying. He's simply saying that he thinks keeping this as one thread is not the best way to go about organizing the forum. He wasn't insinuating you were attacking him

Phase one and two. Taken about 30 minutes ago.

IMG_2566.jpeg

Great point, yes, it shouldn't be treated as a black and white rule. However, your argument has some challenges in the example you mentioned. The Well is going up all at once (with the commercial building gaining steam of course). 1 Yonge is more or less going up one at a time and there will be years separating the completion of each tower. The next "phase" hasn't even started the dig. But hey, I'm just one opinion.
Fair enough. I just think this way though is just a lot easier to manage...

...as I also suspect it must of been the Flight of the Bumblebee when they broke up the Regent Park redo thread into its individual projects.

Back