Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

New renderings and an interactive 3D model of Sky Tower can be viewed on the official website.
Images sourced here: https://projects.blacklineapp.com/skytowerpublic/amenities

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.56.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.57.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.57.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.57.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.57.49 PM.png

Ya that crown sure could use a nice accent lighting for sure. The over all look of these three together is grown on me now. Any word on the progress of phase two?

I'd wager the gold is not actually part of the building.
I can't remember which building this happened with previously, but the renders were similar, and then it turned out that the renders just "assumed" a golden/orange sunset reflecting off the glass.
From what I can see, it looks like it'll be blue glass.
That said, I'd certainly welcome gold.

I'd wager the gold is not actually part of the building.
I can't remember which building this happened with previously, but the renders were similar, and then it turned out that the renders just "assumed" a golden/orange sunset reflecting off the glass.
From what I can see, it looks like it'll be blue glass.
That said, I'd certainly welcome gold.

The trim appears unambiguously gold in this render. It’s gold, even in the parts without direct sunlight.

I am awaiting for the details to least distract us from it. Though if they're planning to use that window wall liberally through out this project, they gonna have to have a lot of details to distract us from it. /sigh

I love the gold accents, it looks like maybe a new trend is starting? First the One's gold exoskeleton, then the HUB, and now this? could be a unique twist on what has been a mostly blue glass skyline, and personally I am for it.

Tangent: UT's story on Sam and The One's exoskeleton's angled cladding mock-ups, points to the changing day-time palette... that may include a goldish hue. Perhaps night-lighting will also give us an Au glitter. This shot of the bronze mechanical grilles (I assume this would match the exoskeleton) is the only one I've seen in fairly neutral light.

^Correction: the darker bronze grilles won't match the exoskeleton cladding (which seems beige/yellow) as render review clearly shows. :oops:

39271-130470.jpg

39271-130466.jpg

UT STORY

Last edited:
Yes, least we're not going to see grey spamdrel for The One...once it gets off the ground and hopefully in our lifetimes. Can't say the same for this for this project though. /sigh

Back