Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

will we ever get rid of that Toronto Star building? Mainstream news is dying isn't it? Can't be much longer they can stay afloat... what a prominent location... for a half ass publication...

will we ever get rid of that Toronto Star building? Mainstream news is dying isn't it? Can't be much longer they can stay afloat... what a prominent location... for a half ass publication...
If you look at the renderings you can see the plan for the Toronto Star building quite clearly

Is it not supposed to be re-clad as part of the building addition? I'm sure I remember reading that, quite some time ago.

Is it not supposed to be re-clad as part of the building addition? I'm sure I remember reading that, quite some time ago.
Look at the renderings in the database linked at the top of the page.

p.c. https://hariripontarini.com/projects/one-yonge/
here is what they will do to the star building.

I've always wondered... what happens if one of these cables needs to be repaired in the future. Do they keep a record of where these lines are laid down? It always looks like such a mess.

Keyword to think of here is conduit and not cable. Conduits just to protect cables and are made of plastic or metal. There are no cables in there yet and will be fed through later in construction. If something breaks or needs an upgrade they just pull it out and feed the new wire in.

Back