Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Some one asked the view of the picture above, direction wise? ... isn’t that obvious by the picture. If one see the lake that’s your clue

B71AA188-DE50-495E-B2F5-C3BD15441542.jpeg

No, residential projects with above grade permits are exempt.

I can't understand the reasoning behind this. Is it that they might be close to being finished so people can move in? Why does having an above ground permit for something that is not essential matter?

I can't understand the reasoning behind this. Is it that they might be close to being finished so people can move in? Why does having an above ground permit for something that is not essential matter?
The government found a way to make it sound like they were being tough while still allowing some parts of the industry to crank along. It's an optics exercise. Meanwhile the big contractors have all announced new protocols and procedures to keep workers separated, but it appears they are not always being followed.

Agree. I don't like seeing construction halted but what's happening here is appalling. The health and safety of construction workers has taken a back seat to the interests of wealthy, powerful people. This is NOT an essential service.

Furthermore, most of these companies are deep pocketed enough that they would survive without being severly financially damaged if work were to cease.

Furthermore, most of these companies are deep pocketed enough that they would survive without being severly financially damaged if work were to cease.
Really?..wouldn't be a bit surprised if a bunch of them don't go belly up, look @ Cresford that we thought was fine
at the end of this the banks will have a lot to say of who survives

Really?..wouldn't be a bit surprised if a bunch of them don't go belly up, look @ Cresford that we thought was fine
at the end of this the banks will have a lot to say of who survives

Cresford's clear financial problems were present well before the pandemic. As well, I'm not talking about mom and pop dev companies, I'm talking about larger companies; the Tridels, Menkes, and Daniels types.

Wouldn't the most obvious way to protect these workers is make it mandatory to wear a mask. The industrial type. I'm sure some of these guys have personal resperators as well. Unless they can't get them due to shortage of supply? The place where I work they've been making it mandatory for the last couple weeks for people working close to each other.

I think the most obvious way to protect them completely would be to tell them to stay home. If everyone was staying home and isolating, isolation or quarantine would be over substantially sooner.

Back