Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Will the podium of Sky Tower connect to the podium in this photo to form a larger base? I ask because I'm having a very hard time visualizing sky tower fitting into that very small parking lot? It looks like the middle size tower took up the biggest portion of the lot.
The podium for the first tower is about 6 times the size of that tower's floor plate, so there will be plenty of separation distance between the towers when they go up. A narrow separation between the first tower's podium and the 95-storey tower's one will bring light down to ground level, while the 80-storey tower's podium will be built contiguously with the 65-storey tower podium south of it.

The 95-storey tower will take up around 4/10ths of its podium's floor plate size, while the 80-storey tower will take up closer to a half of its podium's floor plate, while actually overhanging a bit of the 65-storey tower's podium.

Last edited:
That's what I am wondering too.

Why didn't they create a single foundation for all the buildings instead of doing it all seperately.
They probably wanted to make sure they had sold each condo appropriately before spending the time on the podium, foundations. As projects go, The Well is quite unique whereas Pinnacle is making sure they have the correct interest before starting the next phase.

The podium for the first tower is about 6 times the size of that tower's floor plate, so there will be plenty of separation distance between the towers when they go up. A narrow separation between the first tower's podium and the 95-storey tower's one will bring light down to ground level, while the 80-storey tower's podium will be built contiguously with the 65-storey tower podium south of it.

The 95-storey tower will take up around 4/10ths of its podium's floor plate size, while the 80-storey tower will take up closer to a half of its podium's floor plate, while actually overhanging a bit of the 65-storey tower's podium.

Thank you for that explanation, cheers! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning. A lot going on. Count the cranes!

pinacle 03042020.jpg

8:30 Saturday morning.
I’m not sure what building was providing the sunlight to create the shadows of the crane on the north wall. I want to give CIBC Square credit but it might have been the dark Backstage Condo based on the angle or more likely the gold RBC building based on the colour and brightness. I should have paid more attention. Are there any solar protractor map engineers out there?
Generally this has been a darker picture. See the bottom two pictures two hours later at 10:30 am.

775FD564-0AC4-477F-A843-D5F0C3EC736B.jpeg
D62D3E26-2058-4844-A886-AF0003EACF64.jpeg
CD097B31-99FF-4FFC-9064-5C450A0FCB63.jpeg

861F34D5-4A5D-4117-9CDC-2DEEEE024283.jpeg

Back