Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Today:

20190815_122650.jpg

This is going to seem like a weird point, but it doesnt seem like there is going to be a lot of space for the other tower on this block considering how much space this one is taking up...

This is going to seem like a weird point, but it doesnt seem like there is going to be a lot of space for the other tower on this block considering how much space this one is taking up...
Hahaha! Yes! I brought this point up a few months ago too.

Everytime I see a photo form this thread or the Sugar Wharf thread or any of the developments in that area it is the first thing I think of! It is really bugging me. I just want to know how they are going to do it?

A quick reminder of the ground level floor plan:
View attachment 198985

Level 2 will include the pool and basketball court. The tower will begin on level 7, with a relatively small footprint:
View attachment 198986

If you notice the location of the elevator core in the post above, the building is pushed to the new thru street leaving a fair amount of space behind. it works partially because most of the basement for the behind tower is included in the one being constructed currently. the core of the behind building will fall within the parking lot and crane are that hasn't been touched yet. More space than it looks. I agree it does look that way though. Similar to the super columns on "The One", you don't realize how big they are until a person is standing next to them.

Once the Phase 1 tower begins to rise we'll get a better sense of how the rest will fit in. The western portion of this first phase will be a new lane way and I suspect some of the space will be built on top of for the second phase.

The other two towers on this block…

Wow your right....2 more towers on this block. Although it looks like they are going to move the road on the north side of the block a bit.

Is there a construction date for the other 2 towers? Will we have to wait until this one is done before construction on the other 2? Would it not make more sense to dig all the pits at the same time?

Wow your right....2 more towers on this block. Although it looks like they are going to move the road on the north side of the block a bit.

Is there a construction date for the other 2 towers? Will we have to wait until this one is done before construction on the other 2? Would it not make more sense to dig all the pits at the same time?
No dates for the next two towers, nor sales yet, and no idea what they might have saved had they built the entire underground at once. Not enough though, it would seem.

In regards to removing the curve from Lake Shore Boulevard eventually, the buildings will not spill onto its then-former alignment, that's all to become a public square.

From the City's Application Information Centre for Phases 2 and 3 (Site Plan Approval application 17 108913 STE 28 SA) showing the limits of each phase and location of each tower. As I42 mentioned, everything is within the existing property limits. Excavation for Phases 2 and 3 will be just as deep as each level of underground parking will be connected.

It occupies space between the towers. IMO, it didn't matter to which tower it belongs to in this context.

Back