Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

^ Great pics. They should really lose that Yonge off-ramp and build on that triangle of land.
Especially when, during rush hour, cars take the York/Bay exit and make the right turn to Yonge, cutting off the cars waiting on the Yonge off-ramp.

^if that makes any sense.

The timing of construction is perfect for viewing. Pier 27 phase 1, then the tower. Now Pinnacle tower 2 then 1 & 3. Then maybe the small triangle by the WB off ramp to Yonge? I just won’t be able to view Pinnacale phase 4 & 5.
I will loose the view while watching the view for many years to come. Who wants to look at flat water all day anyway?

DC377C31-9E42-40EA-AF09-C573495D0731.jpeg
2A381B43-2D13-49EB-8B79-AEDF2BB94F3C.jpeg

Can't help but feel like a creep looking at the zoomed in pics but love getting these details!

I suspect the new boundary is for additional space for construction trailers etc on the north side. They had them on the south side but moved them when truck traffic was hindered. I think they are temporarily inside the low rise portion of the former Toronto Star garage.

They are utilizing the south grade level for deliveries of rebar and concrete and waterproofing materials needed at this stage and within the boom reach of the single crane.
Likely it’s an effiency effort with the site resources they have right now.

The othe pic, between the gardiner and the rail tracks shows a yellow pipe device. Several times this week they have let compressed air release from this. I think it’s a pressure test of underground services, likely sewer, I’m guessing so if anyone can confirm or correct that’d be great.

Back