Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Today. Moving fast!

20190412_095014.jpg

Something that has been puzzling me and I have been afraid to ask in here for fear of it being a stupid question but the great aerial shots in the Sugar Wharf thread from alexanderglista have made me question again...

Is the excavation done at the moment for more than just the first tower? I just can't see how they can fit the 3 towers in there. And if it is indeed just for the first tower, would it not be more efficient to excavate the whole site at once?

Something that has been puzzling me and I have been afraid to ask in here for fear of it being a stupid question but the great aerial shots in the Sugar Wharf thread from alexanderglista have made me question again...

Is the excavation done at the moment for more than just the first tower? I just can't see how they can fit the 3 towers in there. And if it is indeed just for the first tower, would it not be more efficient to excavate the whole site at once?
I'm pretty sure that the current hole is a little bigger than what the first tower needs on its own, with it going a little bit west into the area were the 95-storey tower will be, and a little north into the area where the 80-storey tower will be.

It would, theoretically, have been cheaper not to have to create west and north walls for the excavation that will eventually just be discarded for the next phases, but maybe they just didn't have the money to spend now on excavating the whole project before there are sales in hand for the next phases.

Back