Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I found a 1929 view - at the mid right I believe thats the piers just starting to be buried.

1929.jpg

piers would be long enough than rail/gardiner expressway so end of pier must be one yonge site
1912-Ferry-docks-at-foot-of-Yonge-Street.jpg

Attachments

• 1912-Ferry-docks-at-foot-of-Yonge-Street.jpg
    1912-Ferry-docks-at-foot-of-Yonge-Street.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 680
I looked over the geotech report agaim for the site, no mention of it, and it looks like the boreholes were all around the object.
Wow, just bad luck I guess:
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 682
is there a map or something on how lake shore east is going to exist once harbour becomes two way ? Or will just no longer exist and people will have to do a giant shuffle ?

is there a map or something on how lake shore east is going to exist once harbour becomes two way ? Or will just no longer exist and people will have to do a giant shuffle ?

For eastbound Lake Shore, instead of the driving through the intersection at Yonge (current set up), a left turn on Yonge or Freeland followed by a right turn will be required.

For eastbound Lake Shore, instead of the driving through the intersection at Yonge (current set up), a left turn on Yonge or Freeland followed by a right turn will be required.

That sounds like it will be a pain in the behind!! But really what isn't these days getting into and out of downtown.

…and eventually you'll be able to turn left at Cooper, a new unnamed street, and ultimately Jarvis as well, to go a block north to get back on Lake Shore.

There's a transportation report in the new city documents posted

BqitorZ.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 394
Wow ... that is going to be a pain getting into the beaches and other neighborhoods east. Cram 3 lanes of lake shore + gardiner offramp into 2 lanes of a local road and eliminate all on ramps east of Rees, and then have no dedicated left turn lanes to get back up to the new lake shore. The traffic jams are going to be long.

It won't be as bad as you would think - most longer distance trips on Lake Shore are better served by the Gardiner. Why if you are going to the beaches would you be on this stretch of road? You would be taking the nearest Gardiner on ramp (which are also scheduled to be reconfigured).

Also - left turning movements are spread across 6 intersections.. even without left turn lanes - that amount of dilution means traffic should be fine.

Wow ... that is going to be a pain getting into the beaches and other neighborhoods east. Cram 3 lanes of lake shore + gardiner offramp into 2 lanes of a local road and eliminate all on ramps east of Rees, and then have no dedicated left turn lanes to get back up to the new lake shore. The traffic jams are going to be long.

I think you should be more worried about the reconfiguration of the Gardiner ramps to DVP and new Lake Shore at the Don River when that construction starts in a couple years. That is going to be hellish. (Will happen for the East Harbour project)

It won't be as bad as you would think - most longer distance trips on Lake Shore are better served by the Gardiner. Why if you are going to the beaches would you be on this stretch of road? You would be taking the nearest Gardiner on ramp (which are also scheduled to be reconfigured).

Also - left turning movements are spread across 6 intersections.. even without left turn lanes - that amount of dilution means traffic should be fine.

... most likely I'll be working at CIBC Square. I'm currently at BTS so the queen streetcar is nice and simple. CIBC Square? Not so simple anymore.

Back