Attachments

• 4E15BBCB-37B6-4D31-856B-048D797C0C33.jpeg
    4E15BBCB-37B6-4D31-856B-048D797C0C33.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 409
  • 493921D8-84BF-4122-8648-287A4D19A80C.jpeg
    493921D8-84BF-4122-8648-287A4D19A80C.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 467
Reminds me of the TORONTO sign at NPS.
These Toronto sign imitations are really getting overdone everywhere. Hamilton is doing it, the Rogers Cup had it this past summer, and now this one.

The only difference is, I dont think people will be rushing to take photos next to this one.

These Toronto sign imitations are really getting overdone everywhere. Hamilton is doing it, the Rogers Cup had it this past summer, and now this one.

The only difference is, I dont think people will be rushing to take photos next to this one.

Whatever, bottom line is that the TORONTO sign was also imitated from some European cities and not original either
For instance the IAmsterdam sign is almost 15 yrs old

Last edited:
Yeah i get it, Toronto doesn't have the money for those nice things....just like LRT vs Subway:rolleyes:
Nope. It's more like the political will to spend is lacking. It hearkens back to Rob Ford's "respect for taxpayers" mantra - it goes back much further than that actually, but Ford Nation really capitalized on it. Seems a lot of us would like nice things but don't want to actually pay for them. Our politicians have taken note and prefer to be somewhat spineless when it comes to committing to big-picture transit infrastructure. We'd rather "study" it, over and over again. When it comes to the Shepherd line and the Scarborough subway, that's just plain old vote-buying at the hands of city politicians eager to get re-elected. Vote-buying, no matter how costly or inefficient the results, is just the status quo. The province is playing a similar game, for that matter.

Anyway, back on topic - please excuse the rant! The One Yonge Sign looks pretty cool. I'm sure it'll be prominently placed on the sales centre. And yeah, Amsterdam's had its own iconic city sign for much longer than Toronto. No one has a lock on 3d letterforms signifying cities, anyway. It's kind of a silly thing to worry about. I'm more concerned with how this project will actually look, seeing as it's going to have quite a dominant footprint in a very conspicuous part of town.

The naming of this development and complex is strategic, but foggy. One Yonge sounds like an address, which it is, but doesn’t belong to any of these towers coming to market IIRC - as 1 Yonge belongs to the TorStar building and whatever that gets redeveloped into. Or is it One Yonge, as in One Love? There can only be one.

Back