Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

So I building can still be solid glass if it wants?

Does anyone maybe have a pick of the difference between a glass spandrel and a glass spandrel with windows? I don't see how a glass building doesn't qualify as a window.

Does anyone maybe have a pick of the difference between a glass spandrel and a glass spandrel with windows? I don't see how a glass building doesn't qualify as a window.
See, for example, First Canadian Place. It is entirely clad in glass, but not all of it is windows.

If you can see out of it, it falls under the regulation. Thus the term "vision glass".

That, I'm not sure of, but I don't believe it extends to commercial or institutional buildings. Anyone know for sure?

Are there any plans to extend Church Street south through the parking garage and under the rail corridor? That would help connect this new neighbourhood with the rest of the city to the north.

Are there any plans to extend Church Street south through the parking garage and under the rail corridor? That would help connect this new neighbourhood with the rest of the city to the north.

Yes, from the Lower Yonge Precinct Transportation Master Plan

upload_2015-7-18_19-48-44.png

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...erYongePrecinct TMP Feb2015Report to PWIC.pdf (p. 34).

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-18_19-48-44.png
    upload_2015-7-18_19-48-44.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,199
thank you for posting that. The extension of Church south was not included in the renders from last page, but good to hear it is part of the plan.

It may be part of the plan, but I'll be very surprised if it gets funded. It'll be a very expensive job to connect through the parking garage and the rail berm.

Gardiner on/off ramps are also in the way of a Church St extension, IIRC.

EDIT: A Church St extension would be extremely beneficial to cyclists. Even without bike lanes, Church is a decent cycling street, much better than Jarvis, Yonge, or Bay.

Gardiner on/off ramps are also in the way of a Church St extension, IIRC.

I can't wait to see if they are going to rationalize the ramp system along with Lake Shore for the Gardiner East - that's what the van Nostrand crowd proposed originally in their GET proposal back in the early/mid-2000s.

AoD

Back