Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Figured that we would add to the growing images on the thread.

Here is a peek at where we are as of this weekend. Really starting to take shape!

150426_565632196808133_284612178_n.jpg

Last edited:
July 21

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 638
looks like the heritage property will be overwhelmed by the towers.

Sometimes I really laugh at what is deemed "HERITAGE" by our incompetent city councillors... This ugly piece of shit here is not worth wasting time and money preserving.
They could have rather spent that money for ultra modern podium like the Minto Towers at Yonge + Eglington that will leave a lasting impression.

I belive Toronto goofed by destroying so many "Victorian" buldings in the past, the councillors are now feeling guilty by designating any old and out of place, out of style and definitely out of use structures as "HERITAGE" buildings.

They should rather concentrate on increasing the "Dsign and Aesthetics" bar for new developments in the city, so we can have better "Heritage" structures in the next 50 Years.

Slapping uninspiring, glass-falling boxy slab condos on top of equally unsinspiring ugly old brown bricks named "Heritage building" will not in any way beutify our city.

It's a false notion to assume that not including a heritage building at the base of a new development would result in an entirely different style of podium that you see as aesthetically appealing, kweku. There is no trade-off. Plenty of buildings in our city have a "fresh slate" of a site with no history to preserve or reconstruct yet the towers still end up being all-glass and the podiums are uninspiring. Please don't blame heritage preservationists for uninspiring modern architecture; that just doesn't make sense.

Yes, because Cinema next door did so much better at ground level without having to work around a heritage building.

I think once they landscape along John the heritage building will feel much more integrated into its environs. It should also make a difference once Daniels moves out of the other building and we see some restaurants opening up along there. To be honest, I think the heritage building already looks less forlorn than it used to, alone on that corner surrounded by parking lots.

It's a false notion to assume that not including a heritage building at the base of a new development would result in an entirely different style of podium that you see as aesthetically appealing, kweku. There is no trade-off. Plenty of buildings in our city have a "fresh slate" of a site with no history to preserve or reconstruct yet the towers still end up being all-glass and the podiums are uninspiring. Please don't blame heritage preservationists for uninspiring modern architecture; that just doesn't make sense.

I think you did not understand my arguement; I am not against heritage preservations.
I just question why some architectually un-appealing washed-out ugly brown buildings in the city are given "Heritage status" just because they are over 50 years old.
Does it mean every old deteriorating structure along the Yonge Street between Gould Street and Bloor Street be preserved? Of course some are not worth preserving.

I am also not against incorporating heritage structures into a modern condo, I just have a problem with what's being incorporated if it's worth heritage status and why?
There are several old structures that have added additional aesthetics to the condo podium, for example; BURANO

What kind of aesthetics is this old farm-house-look-alike brown building going to add to this Pinnacle condo?

My argument here is to put pressure on our city councillors to raise the design and aesthetics bar for condo developments in the downtown core so they can become heritage structures themselves in the next 50 years.

Last edited:
No, those are pre-cast panels.

The charcoal brick is going in on the north side of the podium currently. Only about 2m² has gone up so far.

Last edited:

Back