Mississauga Pinnacle Grand Park 1 & 2 | 152.39m | 48s | Pinnacle | Turner Fleischer

Wow sweet! Too bad about the green tint glass though. Hopefully it's a nice green. The design is nothing too amazing, but better than standard looking. Kind of reminds me of the Cityplace buildings or Northshore in Port Credit.

I'm surprised the 38 storey building is south of the 28 storey one. Really nice to see that it's going to have retail/commercial uses on Grand Park and Burnhamthorpe. That's really great news.

Wow! So Pinnacle International (Grand Park) is separate from the large Pinnacle International development planned for Eglinton and Hurontario?

The rooftop architectural element resembles that of Montage @ Cityplace ~

the height is impressive, but a part of me wonders if this is going to fly @ 38 storeys height given it is at the western edge of MCC ... there has got to be some planning provisions of stepping down in scale/height to allow appropriate transisition to low density residential neighbourhood west of MCC ... the biggest problem I see immediately is the shadow impact casted by the 28+38s towers to grade related housing located to the north of this site across Burnhamthorpe Road West

I agree that the height is kind of odd, for the western edge of MCC where it drops off to nothing. They certainly built in a low-rise transition along the western edge of the Parkside Village development.

Maybe they figure that since there is a retail plaza to the west that it's less of an issue, or that the late day shadowing onto the residential north of Burnhamthorpe would be within an acceptable range?

I had hoped this was where Sheridan's new campus would go. I heard it's earmarked for land north of Living Arts, but I'm not a fan of that idea. High rises should be clustered towards the middle, with a mixed height college campus being the ideal kind of buffer development to place between high and low density.

Last edited:
I agree with the rest that the height seems to be off the traditional sense of clustering the City Centre. However, it will be interesting to see multiple highrise nodes rise up along Burnhamthorpe to create a corridorr effect.

The designs look decent enough, but I'm particularly attracted to how tightly this complex will greet each street. This aspect of urban design seems to be better established in the planning of the western City Centre compared to what has already been built or what is planned for the eastern sections.

the height is impressive, but a part of me wonders if this is going to fly @ 38 storeys height given it is at the western edge of MCC ... there has got to be some planning provisions of stepping down in scale/height to allow appropriate transisition to low density residential neighbourhood west of MCC ... the biggest problem I see immediately is the shadow impact casted by the 28+38s towers to grade related housing located to the north of this site across Burnhamthorpe Road West

Lands immediately to the west of this (west side of Grand Park Drive) is commercial, not residential. Low-rise residential is to the north of Burnhamthorpe, but with the width of the street, and the green buffer strip along the north side of the street, the shadow impact will be minimized. I think this will make a nice western anchor to the high-rise part of MCC.

I had hoped this was where Sheridan's new campus would go. I heard it's earmarked for land north of Living Arts, but I'm not a fan of that idea. High rises should be clustered towards the middle, with a mixed height college campus being the ideal kind of buffer development to place between high and low density.

The rumour I am hearing (unofficial) is that Sheridan will be on the remaining vacant part of this block (extending east from Pinnacle's property, over to Confederation Parkway). On the other hand, it could well go on the block north of the Living Arts Centre, as you suggest. The latter has the advantage of being close to the transit terminal, with just about the best accessibility you could find in Mississauga.

The rumour I am hearing (unofficial) is that Sheridan will be on the remaining vacant part of this block (extending east from Pinnacle's property, over to Confederation Parkway). On the other hand, it could well go on the block north of the Living Arts Centre, as you suggest. The latter has the advantage of being close to the transit terminal, with just about the best accessibility you could find in Mississauga.
That does make good sense, being near the transit terminal, I just think it would be wasting that prime density space on a campus style development, no matter how urban they try to make it feel.

They should be thinking downtown Ryerson or George Brown and not Humber Lakeshore or Sheridan's Brampton campus, IMO.

Putting it on the eastern portion of these lands is preferable to Living Arts, but it makes me wonder if there won't be a western loop to the LRT, rather than running straight down Hurontario, as it too should connect with the current transit terminal. In a perfect world, the LRT would cross the 403 coming south and then run west along Rathburn - with a "station" built between the existing Mississauga Transit and GO stations - and continue to Confederation south (passing between One Park/Chicago/Library and the new Parkside development). Upon reaching Burnhamthorpe (where the Sherdian campus may be), it would turn eastbound and resume its southbound path along Hurontario. This delivers riders to more of the MCC than a simple run down #10, and better connects them to other branches of transit. People needing to reach the office towers along Robert Speck, etc, can walk from stops at either Rathburn or Burnhamthorpe, a block or two in either direction.

MODs ... a thought: :)

Burnhamthorpe Rd W & Grand Park Dr (MCC, Pinnacle, 38 + 28s, Page + Steele)

I have a feeling that if the rest of this land will be used by condos, that there will be tapering, only getting bigger as it gets closer to Square One.

realistically ... how much more tappering UP can a builder do if this site on the edge of MCC is already proposing 38 storeys ?? on that basis I think this proposal may be too tall for its location ~

Last edited:
Looking at google earth, I've decided that all the crappy homes built south of the 403, and to at least Mavis Rd, will be knocked down within the next 20 years. As well, there's a big L-shaped patch of industrial wasteland curving SW around the Erindale Stn Rd area--that too must go. Go where? Residential mid-high rise.:)

realistically ... how much more tappering UP can a builder do if this site on the edge of MCC is already proposing 38 storeys ?? on that basis I think this proposal may be too tall for its location ~

This is too small for this area.

Futuremayor beat me to posting the thread as I was too beat the last 2 night to post it.

As for Sheridan, I have always thought this was the right location for it.

The lands by Duke of York is to small and if used, plans must be for tall buildings as well compact.

I still like to see a continue base that connects to the next development as stand alone take up too much room.

Back