Mississauga Pinnacle Grand Park 1 & 2 | 152.39m | 48s | Pinnacle | Turner Fleischer

I say if they can sell the units to reach the heights they've chosen, then go for it.

realistically ... how much more tappering UP can a builder do if this site on the edge of MCC is already proposing 38 storeys ?? on that basis I think this proposal may be too tall for its location ~

With a 56 storey building a few blocks up the street, I don't see why not. By the time 2020 rolls around, 56 storeys might be the new 30 storeys in Mississauga.

With a 56 storey building a few blocks up the street, I don't see why not. By the time 2020 rolls around, 56 storeys might be the new 30 storeys in Mississauga.

you'll just have to realise there's 1+2 storey buildings to the north + west of this site 28+38 storeys doesn't exactly provide a 'transition' a scale + height to 1+2 storey buildings (in urban design terms) :)

you'll just have to realise there's 1+2 storey buildings to the north + west of this site 28+38 storeys doesn't exactly provide a 'transition' a scale + height to 1+2 storey buildings (in urban design terms) :)

So what, the city screw up from day one and now time to fix the problem.

What is taking place to the east side of the north section???? No different there than here.

The west section is commercial and industrial single story.

Need to think in the future terms as today terms are out dated.

I had a house on Elora Dr, 7 houses from Universal project and had no issue with it.

Yes, but the plan for the area has changed, and someday so will those houses across the street.

Yes, but the plan for the area has changed, and someday so will those houses across the street.

you do realize that those houses on the north side of Burnhamthorpe were never planned to be a part of the Mississauga City Centre Secondary Plan right?

anything that is outside the MCC boundary is not identified as a Urban Centre in the Growth Plan, hence are not sites intended for intensification

you do realize that those houses on the north side of Burnhamthorpe were never planned to be a part of the Mississauga City Centre Secondary Plan right?

anything that is outside the MCC boundary is not identified as a Urban Centre in the Growth Plan, hence are not sites intended for intensification

Planning isn't something that remains static. The Official Plan gets reviewed every 5 years, and a completely new plan is created every 20 years. The city can easily expand the boundary of MCC if it wanted to.

Anything outside the MCC boundary will become an area in transition as MCC continues to grow. Property value will go up, and the land will be worth too much to support single family homes. I can see developers going after rows of homes in the future in order to build higher density.

Planning isn't something that remains static. The Official Plan gets reviewed every 5 years, and a completely new plan is created every 20 years. The city can easily expand the boundary of MCC if it wanted to.

Anything outside the MCC boundary will become an area in transition as MCC continues to grow. Property value will go up, and the land will be worth too much to support single family homes. I can see developers going after rows of homes in the future in order to build higher density.

I was talking to councilor Frank Dale after the meeting about the 2 empty gas lots at Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe and saying we don't need anymore commercial there. He has made a recommendation to the owner of the townhouses on the south-west corner about buy the land and then redevelop it by tear the townhouses down and building something better and taller there.

The north-west corner is another issue as they are single large home. If someone buys that lot as well the houses along Burnhamthorpe, you can put 5-6 story building there facing the street.

In fact he said to the agent for the 10,000 sq foot building at Cawthra and Sliver Creek Blvd on another empty gas lot that he knows a few developers who would be willing to buy it from him so that whole corner can be redevelop as it is a blight on the area.

By the way, the old McDonald on Hurontario St South of the QEW is going to be a 2 story office building with rear parking next to the resident homes with spaces for 22 spots.

We are now moving out of MCC zone and changing the low density to mid density that can work toward MCC higher density.

I was talking to councilor Frank Dale after the meeting about the 2 empty gas lots at Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe and saying we don't need anymore commercial there. He has made a recommendation to the owner of the townhouses on the south-west corner about buy the land and then redevelop it by tear the townhouses down and building something better and taller there.

The north-west corner is another issue as they are single large home. If someone buys that lot as well the houses along Burnhamthorpe, you can put 5-6 story building there facing the street.
I was driving east along Burnhamthorpe yesterday and was thinking this very thing. There is enough land along the north side of Burnhamthorpe to actually put a whole row of homes in - likely 80' or more - so the ideal thing would be to start buying up the homes that back onto this tract and build low rise or stacked townhomes all the way down the north side of Burnhamthorpe, from Central Parkway Mall all the way to Applewood Creek.

The residential street (often half of a u-shaped crescent) on the other side stays as is with the decent sized single family home, but with 2-3 story townhomes directly at ground level (podium like) but with condos of varying heights (say 4~7 stories for variety) facing the B'thorpe side. Considering the length of those blocks, multiple structures could go along one stretch that are all tied by the townhouse style units along the back street, with green space on the 2nd or 3rd floor rooftops in between the staggered, taller residences.

See rehabilitating Mississauga is possible :)
Personally I think those estimates of an ultimate population of 700,000ish to be conservative. I think Mississauga alone could support 1,000,000 eventually if we keep intensifying land use on our "avenues" (to knick a Toronto term).

Personally I think those estimates of an ultimate population of 700,000ish to be conservative. I think Mississauga alone could support 1,000,000 eventually if we keep intensifying land use on our "avenues" (to knick a Toronto term).

How about 1.4 m?? If we do it well, 1.9m

The City is using 730,000 now

How about 1.4 m?? If we do it well, 1.9m

The City is using 730,000 now

Well I guess it really just depends what kind of time-frame we're talking about. I mean within the next 25-50 years I think Mississauga will hit 1 million.

from today's Daily Commercial News...

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9107669-1

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING

Grand Park, 3975 Grand Park Dr, Burnamthorpe Rd W, L5B 4M6
$31,000,000 est

Start: April, 2010

Note: Preliminary planning is underway. Owner is seeking City Council rezoning approvals. Sales and marketing are expected to begin October/November, 2009. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Sub trades and Construction will be determined based on occupancy. Further update January, 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a 28 storey condominium building with 271 units. The building will include a six storey podium along Burnamthorpe Rd W, and a four storey and a three storey pdium located nothwest and southwest of the tower. Roof tops of the podia will comprise a green roof terrace and outfoor ammenity space. The six storey podium will house 8,000 sq ft of retail space.
Scope: 285,244 square feet; 28 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 3 structures; 271 units; parking for 312 cars; 1 acres

Honestly, with all the unreported basement apartments, I wouldn't be surprised if Mississauga was already in the upper 700s, rather than the 730,000 that was recorded in the last census.

At the density rates currently used around the MCC, the area can absorb another 30,000 people or so. The stretch of Dundas between Confederation and Dixie can probably do double that, over time. Lakeshore between Hurontario and Dixie could be 50,000 if done right. Intensifying just these stretches puts Mississauga at close to a million, let alone other developments around the city, or unused lands finally being put to use (NW 10+Bristol, etc).

I think drum118's projection of 1.4 is probably the more realistic number for an eventual, livable population.

Prior to amalgamation, Toronto itself was only 710,000 or so and within those previous borders is probably still only in the 800,000 range.

it appears a lot of projects are getting released soon and some have come back from the dead.

Back