Toronto Pinnacle Etobicoke | 137.76m | 43s | Pinnacle | Turner Fleischer

It will be some decades before that happens with 2 locations that will see it happen sooner than later. The south side is calling out for development for a number of decades and this is only the tip of the ice berg coming for Dundas. Don't for get you already seen plans for the Coverdale mall area that about a decade from happening. The island land area where the beer store will happen in the next 5 years or so.

To do Dundas on the north side, you are looking at about 2050 to see most of it gone.
The north side of Dundas on that stretch, with its car dealerships, a scattering of strip malls and fast food restaurants, has hardly changed since I used to pass by in the late 80s. By the time it's redeveloped (2050 by your estimation) these relics will be so ancient they could be designated as heritage.

The north side of Dundas on that stretch, with its car dealerships, a scattering of strip malls and fast food restaurants, has hardly changed since I used to pass by in the late 80s. By the time it's redeveloped (2050 by your estimation) these relics will be so ancient they could be designated as heritage.
That maybe true, but until development gets underway for the south side, the north will remain as is as well what I noted.

In fact, all of Dundas has change very little since the 80' from Hurontario St to Kipling and will be a blight street until development gets started. We already have 2 sites underway with a few more in Toronto which is a start on a long road of redeveloping the street that will last long after we are gone unless something cause it to happen sooner. Now a subway extension would be nice just to Cloverdale Mall to jump start a few more sites.

Even by 2050, there will not be anything worth well to be class heritage on the north side.

A subway extension to Sherway Gardens at the minimum, maybe even to MCC (mostly along Dundas)? That would really spur redevelopment, but given that even approved and fully funded subway lines/ extensions still take about a decade to materialize, I don't have much hope of seeing this - even 2050 may be optimistic.

I drove the stretch from Hurontario to Kipling this morning and was surprised at all the vacant property between Dixie to West Mall. As Drum stated, nothing large scale is going to happen on the north side (Kipling to East Mall) for a very long time.

This shot, taken this morning, is looking west on Dundas from where Pinnacle is.
DJI_0572.JPG

Does anyone know what is going on with this project?

i think it's mostly approved, but there may still be a hold on the site? last activity on development application site was just 2 months ago. the approval for the entire project went through in october, it seems.

so probably gonna start construction soon-ish, if i were to guess?

but there was plans to split it up so it's not going to be built all at once. Phase 2 is just 2 towers. Technically the building that was already built (Cypress) is phase 1.

i think it's mostly approved, but there may still be a hold on the site? last activity on development application site was just 2 months ago. the approval for the entire project went through in october, it seems.

so probably gonna start construction soon-ish, if i were to guess?

but there was plans to split it up so it's not going to be built all at once. Phase 2 is just 2 towers. Technically the building that was already built (Cypress) is phase 1.
This stretch of Dundas has so much potential - hopefully we see this development move forward. Thanks for the info!

Not much of an update, but Pinnacle have re-outfitted their Dundas West sales centre for this project. It's covered in "Aspen" window coverings and signage.

Dec 7
I see the plaza is now close as well fence off and it been sometime I have been past the place.

Like others, I wish Pinnacle would rethink about redesigning this site as there is too much wasted spaces as well poor street edge. It continue the building the towers in the park that is an poor urban design in the first place. The first phase work well.

Does McDonalds have a plan to open somewhere else in the area? Just noticed that it closed, guess it's been closed for a while now?

Was fixing some tags for my photos and came up 34 shots I took of the site in 2012 that are now out data and need changing. One thing I noticed, the building where taller with 3 over 50 storeys compared to what is now going to be built.

Pinnacle has requested the H for the site to be removed earlier this year and here is the city report for it.

Still say, redesign the site so it has a better street edge and get rid of the condos in the park look as well looking at a few taller towers as originally proposed.

Back