Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

They have closed the Bay Street eastbound on-ramp to the Gardiner Expressway. There is a plan to close or remove the ramp.

"The proposal to close the Bay Street on ramp and narrow northbound Bay Street would
support the pedestrian promenade plan envisioned for Bay Street, by providing a wider
and safer area for pedestrians on the east side of Bay Street between Harbour Street and Lake Shore Boulevard. This on ramp currently handles a relatively low volume of
vehicles, with morning and afternoon peak hour volumes of approximately 200 and 340
vehicles respectively. In comparison, the Rees Street eastbound on ramp morning and
afternoon peak hour volumes are both approximately 1,400 vehicles.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-13985.pdf

see attachment #3

Some%20Updates%20066.jpg

Well, it's not a bad looking thing.

Some%20Updates%20070.jpg

Success Tower is really starting to grow on me. I like how it breaks up relatively flat skyline of the waterfront.

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

Nice Pics, I find it hard to believe that this building is not a bit taller than the proposed 53 stories 157 meters

Your right, it is taller than that.
Emporis & the CTBUH quote Success as being 162 meters/531 feet, but it looks even taller than those numbers.

Given the tower was originally 50 floors and is now 53 I'm assuming the height would be around 547 ft.

Last edited:
I think the tower is now 56 floors + mechanical. Which would make it around 570 Ft. Would the city planning dept. have this kind of info. Would they share it with the public?

Photo and video as of April 9

This video and the photo covers a number of projects.
IMG_april-09-09-0035.JPG

IMG_april-09-09-0054.JPG

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know if the Success 2 tower is going up soon? If not, what are they going to do about the unfinished stump? Are they going to go ahead and finish the ground level and build the retail sections as per planned or leave it unfinished until the construction of the tower?

Back