Toronto Pier 27 Phase 3 | 149.95m | 45s | Cityzen | a—A

What does the process look like going froward from the TEYCC? What are the next steps?

Assuming the Preliminary Report is approved............

That initiates the process for Community Engagement as well as on-going review by City staff, and further discussions between staff and the applicant.

The opinions of the community and the Councillor will matter here........
But I don't see staff allowing the currently proposed separation distances.
Should the applicant be immutable on that point, I expect this will head to OLT.
But if the applicant can budge......the other issues seem manageable.........

Is this a case of over-asking and settling for original (hidden) goal? That is, ask for 45, get slapped down to 35 and consider it a win, as 30 was what you had hoped to get anyways.

What does the process look like going froward from the TEYCC? What are the next steps?
Preliminary Reports go only to Community Council, not City Council. They are not so much presented for approval as they are presented for information and then simply adopted, (there are nearly never any amendments made to them as they lay out a set of issues that Planning has identified during their initial review of the proposal which they want to address with the applicant, and highlight on behalf of the public). Once the Preliminary Report is adopted, a public consultation will be scheduled in the not-too-distant future.

Isn’t there a height limit on the south side of QQE in East Bayfront?
Yes, just go back a page and you'll see posts to that effect. That's why the proponents are asking for amendments again, as they are not allowed to build 45 storeys here as-of-right. I'd be surprised if they are eventually held to the 11 storeys that are currently zoned for the remaining two sites, but I don't have a good guess as to how much more they may get than that.

Event Information: 19-37 Queens Quay East (Pier 27 "Phase 3") - Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Monday, November 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
The proposal is to increase the height of Building "F" to 45 storeys (150 metres) from its current approved height of 13 storeys (42 metres). The number of residential units would increase from 132 to 449 units. The proposal would also change Building "A" from an approved height of 13 storeys (42 metres) to 11 storeys (40 metres) while increasing the number of units from 132 units to 136 units.

Event Information: 19-37 Queens Quay East (Pier 27 "Phase 3") - Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Monday, November 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
The proposal is to increase the height of Building "F" to 45 storeys (150 metres) from its current approved height of 13 storeys (42 metres). The number of residential units would increase from 132 to 449 units. The proposal would also change Building "A" from an approved height of 13 storeys (42 metres) to 11 storeys (40 metres) while increasing the number of units from 132 units to 136 units.
Must say that if I had bought in Pier 27 phases 1 and 2 I would be none too pleased to learn that the developer is proposing the third phase to go from 13 storeys to 45. That's some increase.

Must say that if I had bought in Pier 27 phases 1 and 2 I would be none too pleased to learn that the developer is proposing the third phase to go from 13 storeys to 45. That's some increase.

To some extent, that goes for the surrounding condo's too (Pinnacle One Yonge). I'm sure any increase will be a win for the developer though.

To some extent, that goes for the surrounding condo's too (Pinnacle One Yonge). I'm sure any increase will be a win for the developer though.
Yes, but when Phases 1 and 2 bought the approved height for Phase 3 (right to the north of them) was MUCH less than the (greedy) developer is now requesting.+

The area in question:

Toronto Model 10-26-21 Pier 27.png

The previously approved 13 storeys for the last two phases seem out-of-date now… but any added floors they are allowed here (they are asking for 30 more) should be balanced by an added floor of affordable rental at the same time… so okay by me if 15 of those new storeys are affordable units… but I'd rather see the buildings step down toward the 11-storey Phase 1 building along the east side. If the west tower is 35 storeys, then maybe 28 storeys and 21 storeys moving eastwards?

The previously approved 13 storeys for the last two phases seem out-of-date now… but any added floors they are allowed here (they are asking for 30 more) should be balanced by an added floor of affordable rental at the same time… so okay by me if 15 of those new storeys are affordable units… but I'd rather see the buildings step down toward the 11-storey Phase 1 building along the east side. If the west tower is 35 storeys, then maybe 28 storeys and 21 storeys moving eastwards?

Completely agree. btw: the current tower is 34 storeys.

Any know who owns the land west of these buildings where the park is proposed? Has the park already been approved?
Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.51.21 AM.png

Back