Toronto Pier 27 Phase 3 | 149.95m | 45s | Cityzen | a—A

From the website:

1618944170979.png

Notice the 1,819 year interval between the Pre-Application Meeting and and the Submission. Long, even by Toronto's Standards!

1618944270257.png

From their FAQ section.......

1618944333041.png

I think its safe to say a request for more height is coming.

Database created with more images, linked at the top of the page, and front page story.

Hmmm

A parking ratio 0.62 spaces per unit does not seem consistent with MTSA intensification policies.

I think they need to pick a side.

If they want the density.....the parking needs to come down, substantially; and they still need to pay additional community benefits for any increase in density.

I suspect the City will be generally supportive of this direction this with the caveat that they can negotiate significant S.37 funds for the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal/Yonge Slip parkland. Getting funding, especially for the ferry terminal has been a key focus for a number of recent waterfront developments in the area.

Kind of boring. The twists and turns, if you can call them that, are so subtle they're basically invisible.
This has to just be some place holder. It clearly does not fit in. unfortunately this is just the design those approve such designs seem to love. (for some strange and unknown reasoning) boring. Lame. Uninspiring trash. Doesn’t fit in. Is only good for balcony lovers wich realistically isn’t everyone who would end up in such a building.

Hmmm

A parking ratio 0.62 spaces per unit does not seem consistent with MTSA intensification policies.

I think they need to pick a side.

If they want the density.....the parking needs to come down, substantially; and they still need to pay additional community benefits for any increase in density.
Unfortunately this will likely be a luxury building which still demands large amounts of parking.

the commercial parking demand in this area is significant as well - pinnacle is building a nearly 1,000 space underground commercial garage in their 1 Yonge development from what I recall, above and beyond their zoning requirements.

This is pretty unfortunate...too tall, bland, and hardly an attractive proposal in regards to design language for such an important intersection. I'd support in a hypothetical situation, a park or plaza here...but of course, thats not realistic in this housing market. Still....a nice park by the foot of Yonge would be amazing.

ZBA & SPA application(s) submitted:

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposal for two mixed-use towers having heights of 11-storeys (Building A) containing 136 residential dwelling units and 45-storeys (Building F) containing 449 residential dwelling units. The total non-residential gross floor area on the lot will be 1133.3 square metres, and the proposed residential gross floor area will be 43,305 square metres.

This is pretty unfortunate...too tall, bland, and hardly an attractive proposal in regards to design language for such an important intersection. I'd support in a hypothetical situation, a park or plaza here...but of course, thats not realistic in this housing market. Still....a nice park by the foot of Yonge would be amazing.
You know a park at the foot of yonge is already in the works, right? And another one across the street...... And design wise, this isn't the design, just a placeholder.

Back