Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

And how did Teeple get some condo commissions? Remember that Regent Park PR stunt Teeple pulled a few years ago? (Low rise but innovative building vs aA's highrise glass--and lovely--box.) I've always loved Teeple because he represents small town Ontario: he's from St Mary's.

If I was gonna buy a condo, I'd buy a unit in this building perhaps; or wait until TASDB puts one up in FREEDville. Perfect.

TAS already built in "Freedville" before Freed did.

And how did Teeple get some condo commissions? Remember that Regent Park PR stunt Teeple pulled a few years ago? (Low rise but innovative building vs aA's highrise glass--and lovely--box.) I've always loved Teeple because he represents small town Ontario: he's from St Mary's.

If I was gonna buy a condo, I'd buy a unit in this building perhaps; or wait until TASDB puts one up in FREEDville. Perfect.

Start saving your pennies now, cuz the developer warned that design like this ain't cheap. The only figure he would commit to was that the price should be less than $1,000 psf.

Oh yeah I knew that; what I meant was a Teeple+TASDB condo in Freedville would be nice; especially on a more intimate scale: aka a condo version of TCHC's Teeple on Richmond St East. The last thing I wanna do when living in an expensive condo is pay for things I hate to see: lotsa snoopy neighbours, amenities I'll never use, etc. A fifty or so unit building with Teeple design in the Freedville 'hood is my ideal condo:)

random: I was at the gym across the street last night and noticed that the space is currently being used as parking lot.

Maldive on SSP did a sweet mock up of all the clubtown condos coming to the Tdot....take a look.

With the recent mini-explosion of projects west of the core mentioned by
Caltrane in the "Top Proposals" thread... I thought I'd position the projects in
my future render to show the added height/density these projects will add.
I also threw in the location of the office tower east of the ACC and the GO
Transit project behind L Tower.

60 John Street - 38 storeys
306 Richmond - 35 storeys
21-31 Widmer (behind Festival Tower/Lightbox)
rumoured by developer at 40+ storeys
117 Peter - 28 storeys
215 Queen West - 15 storeys
426 University - up to 50 storeys
GO Transit - 18 storeys
Office tower east of ACC - up to 50 storeys

scroll>>>>>>>>>

dtwupdate.jpg

The new proposal for this site is for a 35-storey, Habitat (Montreal) -inspired tower that looks like a giant jenga game covered in moss. A 9-storey podium covers the entire lot and is topped by a pyramidal isosceles triangle shaft. The "faces" of the shaft are alternating cutouts and extrusions of cubes. Many of the top surfaces of these cubes (plus the entire roof of the podium) are covered in trees and other vegetation.

just re-read this for the third or fourth time....vox, we are counting on you (no pressure!)....

Back