Toronto Piano Towns | 12.2m | 3s | Grid | George Popper

Interesting. I did some work on this four years ago that didn't end up going anywhere. It'll be interesting to see what's proposed.

7 townhouses. George Popper.

Capture.JPG

viewSupportingDoc (2)_Page_1 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,809
  • viewSupportingDoc (2)_Page_1 - Copy.jpg
    viewSupportingDoc (2)_Page_1 - Copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,510
The facade at ground level seems uninspired with the plain walls and tiny windows.
Yea, it looks incredibly basic in terms of general design, although I have doubts if this is red/brown brick. I'd assume this would be that popular dark purple brick which is seemingly popular on numerous new developments all over the city.

I like the clean functional look. Good use of space. I'm confident the ground floor is a garage (too lazy to analyse or look for more renderings) so the small window makes sense.

There's a public meeting coming up about these, as per Ana Bailao's current newsletter:

1025 Dupont Planning Application Community Consultation Meeting - Casa Do Alentejo (1130 Dupont St) - April 6, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm

The City of Toronto is hosting a community meeting to discuss the development application submission for 1025 Dupont St. The applicant is proposing to construct seven 4-storey townhouse units on the currently vacant lot. You can learn more about this application and view the architectural plans by clicking here.​

Interesting. The AIC still only lists the October 2016 submission but the site plan / architectural plans have indeed changed since then.

This is now launching as 'Piano Towns.' in 2018. I think the updated rendering is really nice. I think the overall project will bode well for Grid Developments as the site sold for around 1.5M . I really like these types of micro sites.

Piano Towns.jpg

Attachments

• Piano Towns.jpg
    Piano Towns.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,228
Last edited by a moderator:

Back