Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

^You could retain just the facades (although I hate facadism) or remove the facades and reassemble later--tacky perhaps but not as generic as a typical modern condo podium. For every challenge I've got a nimbyish solution.:D (OTOH, as a pretend architect, I love clean sheet designs. But if the new building isn't better than the old what's the point?)

^You could retain just the facades (although I hate facadism) or remove the facades and reassemble later--tacky perhaps but not as generic as a typical modern condo podium. For every challenge I've got a nimbyish solution.:D (OTOH, as a pretend architect, I love clean sheet designs. But if the new building isn't better than the old what's the point?)
You could be a real architect with your talent.

I'm sure there will be an update on this today given the meeting last night

https://twitter.com/Urban_Toronto/status/651162455847006208

CQljtRuUsAE716b.jpg:large

The wavy black part is alright, but everything below it looks like a generic grocery store.

I'm a little confused. Isn't the image immediately above (posted by ChesterCopperpot) looking up Peter Street?

It is indeed the west side of Peter. The site wraps around the historic building and the Templar hotel in an L-shape.

Thanks for that!

So the former club site and the parking lot on Peter will disappear as well. In fact, based on this and a couple of other threads, a significant portion of this block is to be developed/re-devloped. that said, I'm curious about what will happen with the historic building? With a little TLC it could be made into be a cool little corner.

Yes! Looks like the gorgeous historic building on the corner will retained in full, not just facadectomized.

The central column is very attractive. I assume it's metal? Hopefully reality matches the render.

Back