Toronto The Perry Condos | 36.27m | 11s | Mansouri Living | IBI Group

Where's the joke? When the original zoning amendment was negotiated, they arrived at a particular maximum height based on local conditions. If the developer wants more, it's up to them to convince at Committee of Adjustment why their building should be allowed to exceed what was already negotiated. If they don't have a convincing case, they don't get more. Now they're taking the next option open to them, and we'll see if they can convince the OMB or not.

The Joke is that in all likelihood the 3.25 meter requested will be accepted at the OMB, they are not asking to add an additional 10 floors here. The cost to the city for attending the OMB for a case like this is a total waste of tax payer dollars and in my opinion unnecessary. At the end of the day it comes out of our pockets. The cities approach has zero logic even though they know they will lose, I can name a half dozen similar cases off the top of my head that ended up at the OMB with the city losing, all of minor things

There's no guarantee of a win at the OMB, and the City should oppose developments that don't adhere to their policies, otherwise their policies are useless.

There's no guarantee of a win at the OMB, and the City should oppose developments that don't adhere to their policies, otherwise their policies are useless.

Ultimately the province has final say not the city, and besides precedence at OMB is what counts.
City of Toronto policy might as well be toilet paper when they appear at OMB

The province is the OMB. The City loses about 60 percent of the cases at the OMB, but they win the other 40 and they should stand up for their decisions.

The province is the OMB. The City loses about 60 percent of the cases at the OMB, but they win the other 40 and they should stand up for their decisions.

lol Yea I know what the OMB is,I do this on a daily basis, the 40% that is being thrown out is not necessarily cases the city wins. The developer goes in with more than they wanted to get in the first place and than negotiate their way and the city thinks they won. The public is clueless on how development works in this city, I don't blame your naive views though, 99.99% have no idea what goes on.

lol Yea I know what the OMB is,I do this on a daily basis, the 40% that is being thrown out is not necessarily cases the city wins. The developer goes in with more than they wanted to get in the first place and than negotiate their way and the city thinks they won. The public is clueless on how development works in this city, I don't blame your naive views though, 99.99% have no idea what goes on.

lmao did you just call the site admin naive on urban planning issues? I might not always agree with i42's views on urban development but calling him naive is hilariously moronic.

lmao did you just call the site admin naive on urban planning issues? I might not always agree with i42's views on urban development but calling him naive is hilariously moronic.

throwing around untrue stats such as the city "wins 40% of the cases" is what I was referring too. When you have no idea what goes on inside OMB it's best not to throw random numbers around. :)

throwing around untrue stats such as the city "wins 40% of the cases" is what I was referring too. When you have no idea what goes on inside OMB it's best not to throw random numbers around. :)

From my perspective, citing a number such as 40% would be taken as being a reasonable approximation, not intended to be a precise measure. Would you have preferred a statistic, no matter what the basis in which it had been derived, to be for example: '...wins 38.49% of the cases'?. If so, to be 'accurate' would you not have to state the period of time that the measure was taken over? Such as 38.49% of the cases, measured over a three / four / five year period? And of course, to be completely accurate, the specific timing of the period in which the rate was derived should also be specified - eg. the four year period from xx day, yyy month, zzzz year, to ....

Speaking of untrue stats - the times one can see in news reports quotes such as: He fell from a height of 22.86 meters... I am sure that, when reading that, with an affinity for exactitude, one would assume the height of the fall had been precisely measured. I, on the other had, would assume that someone had provided an estimate of the fall being 75 feet - an approximation - which the reporter, remembering that we are now a metric country, got out the calculator, and turned an approximate height of 75 feet into a number with an implied four digit level of precision, 23.86 meters.

So - I have no problem at all with a number of 'wins' being in the order of 40% of the cases contested at the OMB - whether by an agreed settlement, or an outright decision by the OMB officer who conducted the hearings.

And again, with respect to I42's level of knowledge regarding what goes on in the OMB - I only agree with the comment above - calling him naive is hilariously moronic.

It depends how you look at things too since a developer can win and lose at the same time while the city can lose and win at the same time. There's been quite a few cases that have gone to a decision where the board agreed with the developer but their decision made the development unfeasible. There have been other decisions with a winner and a loser which, in reality, both parties won or lost together. It's not so simple.

I42 is a knowledgeable person from being employed by urbantoronto. Doesn't make him an expert about everything.

Today.
IMG_6781.JPG
IMG_6782.JPG
IMG_6783.JPG
IMG_6784.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    824.2 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_6782.JPG
    IMG_6782.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 627