Toronto Parkside Square | 142.94m | 43s | Tribute | Turner Fleischer

cruzin4u

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was reported some time ago that Tribute Communities purchased this plot of land. The Behar Group mentions,

"Along with three proposed high rise towers, a 2-1/2 storey retail box of approximately 170,000 square feet is planned for the corner of the subject property. In total, approximately 1,100,000 square feet is being proposed for the 5 acre site."

These are massing images, along with a site plan image. More detailed Site Plan information can be found via this link http://thebehargroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-10-19-option-1_PHASE-1.pdf

2135-Sheppard-Ave-E-3.jpg

2135-Sheppard-Ave-E-2.jpg

2135-Sheppard-Ave-E-1.jpg

nice! this is my neighborhood and this strip is getting alot of attention, huron hills alto at atria and this will add alot to the area visually

Building "F" in the drawing appears to be the former Chevrolet dealership on that Sheppard Ave. that was closed by GM and has been vacant for some time.

That was Don Howson Chevrolet Oldsmobile and the address is the same.

Impressive intensification going on at the Sheppard/404 area. This is going to be a nice skyline cluster when all these projects are complete.

Impressive intensification going on at the Sheppard/404 area. This is going to be a nice skyline cluster when all these projects are complete.

basically from 404 to pharmacy, on sheppard and pharmacy there is a 14 story gonna be built and just west before you hit vp theres another building already under construction 20 stories

Wow, this is just incredible. Another Sheppard project.

I can see what the attraction is-- it's a very central location to all parts Toronto, but Sheppard itself is also suffering from serious congestion woes right around the 404. I don't imagine many of the new residents in the next 5 years will be giving up their cars.

Wow, this is just incredible. Another Sheppard project.

I can see what the attraction is-- it's a very central location to all parts Toronto, but Sheppard itself is also suffering from serious congestion woes right around the 404. I don't imagine many of the new residents in the next 5 years will be giving up their cars.
the sheppard and 404 on off ramps arent the best either.

2135 SHEPPARD AVE E
OPA / Rezoning 12 126689 NNY 33 OZ Ward 33
- North York Feb 23, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Three storey retail building linked with two 47 & 39 storey residential apartment buildings containing a total of 929 units and four levels of underground parking. Also proposed is a 30 storey residential apartment building containing 314 dwelling units with shared underground parking garage.

Last edited:
I wonder if this one will get through the "Employment Conversion" hoop

I get the impression the city wants to delay and tighten up employment zoning in the official plan to avoid another OMB ruling.

2155 Sheppard Avenue East

I might be mistaken but while driving through - I saw some demolition work happening at 2155 Sheppard Avenue east (former howson auto leasing as noted on Google Maps). Does anyone know if this is another stack of condos that are being built there. The land was vacant for some time and given the density of new construction in the area - I am assuming this would be another tall building to add to the collection on very quickly developing sheppard stretch. Any Ideas any one - who is developer !??

This development is going to be called "Imperial Square" and has changed quite dramatically from the initial proposal.

Some tidbits that I found from the .pdf file. This .pdf file is courtesy of The Behar Group. (Click the link for more information regarding the proposal).

- 200,000 square feet of retail available
- 4 storeys of commercial space
- 600 retail parking spots

The site plan has changed somewhat, as well as the heights. 4 storeys of retail fronting Sheppard Avenue East and Consumers Rd. Heights of the towers are 43, 34 and 26 storeys - towers have been switched around as well.
Imperial-Square-7.jpg

The .pdf shows an LCBO on the ground floor. It shows a T&T Supermarket on the 2nd floor.

The 4 storeys of retail does look a lot like Pacific Mall concept with many Kiosks.

However, there is another .pdf file that shows no kiosks and has a different siteplan again (.pdf seems more recent too) - http://thebehargroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2135-Sheppard-Avenue-East-Redevelopment-2013-07-22.pdf

This is a rather large development and something completely different than what El-Ad, Monarch and Tridel have done with their developments. I personally find the 4 storey retail component fronting Sheppard a welcome change from the poor work that El-Ad has done with Emerald's frontage and Monarch has done with Heron Hills.

Renderings - probably still very conceptual.
Imperial-Square-1.jpg

Imperial-Square-2.jpg

Imperial-Square-3.jpg

Imperial-Square-4.jpg

Imperial-Square-5.jpg

Imperial-Square-6.jpg

Last edited:

Back