Toronto Parc - Loft Residences on King West | ?m | 10s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

technically Stanely Terrace is officially recongized as a 'City Street' (where cars can drive on), however judging from these photos and what has been done along the east edge of 'Wellington on the Park' building, it suggests that Stanley Terrace between King and Wellington may have been closed to vehicular traffic limiting it to a pedestrian only promenade, you may wish to confirm further with the City their 'ultimate' intentions though if you are seriously interested in this project ... hope this is some help

West View
Parc.jpg

North View
Parc3.jpg

South View
Parc2.jpg

East View
Parc4.jpg

When I visited the sales centre and walked in behind to the laneway "Stanley Terrrace", I got the impression that the uber expensive first/second storey town homes facing east were overpriced and furthermore were not directly against the park but the laneway, i.e. felt the marketing was not necessarily showing you the real deal. It even got worse in my mind when I was thinking that the "parc" was not even a true park, but more of a glorified sports field. Vibes were all wrong on this one for me.

I am not sure if anyone has gone by the site on a summer's day, but it is very close to an abbatoir on wellington and the stench can be quite nasty...I believe it is a pig slaughterhouse. Anyone thinking about buying there should take that into account. I've played softball at the park and go to a climbing gym on bathurst and front and you can still smell it down there at times.

I heard a rumour that this one may cancelled soon due to poor sales.

Apparently a couple BJL's projects are not doing too well.

I'd rather not say, but it was from someone in the development business. Please note I that I said rumour. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that rumour.

My source: a friend that is a friend of a Brad Lamb associate. Sales are S-L-O-W. Brad Lamb is in the biz to survive, not to lose his a$$.

Could this be the beginning of the demise of BJL?
I think he has too many projects on the go at the same time. He's stretching it too thinly in this market.
If he weren't so egotistical, I'd feel sorry for him.

IMHO, if this project falls through, it won't be an indication of any sort of real estate decline, or even a decline of BJL. It will merely be an example of a project which was a bit too pricey for what it was.

Units here are close to $600/sqft, with so-so layouts, in a so-so location, next to a so-so park, with so-so smelling air.

^No. It's a sign the condo market is tanking. Sure, big projects with millions to spend on marketing are selling (slower, but still selling) but these newbie boutique developers are getting smashed, because their investor buddies simply aren't buying much anymore. I'm talking about the BJL, Freed, Streetcar Developments, and smaller guys out there.

What is happening to Lehman Brothers tomorrow? Yeah, exactly. Even Toronto Condo investors do read newspapers.:rolleyes:

So, if I list my place on MLS for twice what it can reasonably be sold for, will that also be a sign of the market "tanking"?

Hmm. It depends. If you have a super hot Dutch-designed kitchen and bathroom, designer furniture, and an aggressive salesman (like me:)), yep you can sell it for good profit.

Now, is it a sign market is tanking? Not resales, but new sales here. It's September, are you ready for the November Rain?;)

Re: BJL projects: did anyone else notice the lack of BJL full page ads in the latest condo guide? Very interesting. Also, the move towards full page "advertorials."

Back