Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Interesting, but imo the Gardiner still needs some sort of LED underlighting there to really nail down the look they're wanting.

Thanks for the pix!

09shanghai409.jpg

better than looking like a prison. or cavern.

I don't think we need to start making our streets, just like our towers, into disco-lit seizure-inducing cliches.

If I lived down that way, I'd appreciate the Panorama lighting scheme at ground level... with that done, why would I want blinding light from above, too? That's just too much.

I feel like so many people on UT see one thing and always just ask for more, just for the sake of asking for more.

The cool outdoor lighting at Panorama and Canoe Landing Park/Cityplace.[video=youtube;cy32lFJWsa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy32lFJWsa0[/video]

July 1 2010 update

Panorama on a clear & beautiful Canada Day
IMG_4787.jpg

Mitosis Courtyard Design by Pierre Poussin

Hello All,
My name is Pierre Poussin, and I am a new designer and public artist who designed and developed Mitosis Courtyard for Panorama's public art program. This playful public courtyard was a winning entry for an urban design competition held by Concord Adex Developments for Panorama Tower, their newest ultra-chic condominium complex. Located on Lakeshore Avenue, under the Gardiner Expressway, Mitosis courtyard utilizes and transforms this environment into a lively and intimate space. The biological cell motif serves as an abstract expression of the city’s constant state of growth and movement, complementing its waterfront location and paying tribute to the city’s 1900 shoreline, which once spanned this current space. The courtyard is comprised of a series of laser-cut light columns, ranging in heights from six feet to fourteen feet tall, large public benches with incorporated LED lighting systems and organic hand-outlined ground shapes highlighted by vibrant and colorful asphalt traffic paint.
Please feel free to contact me or visit my website if you would like any other information or images,
With Thanks,
Pierre Poussin
www.pierrepoussin.com

Attachments

• 01 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 01, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    01 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 01, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 04 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 04, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    04 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 04, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 532
  • 06 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 06, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    06 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 06, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 511
  • 02 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 02, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    02 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 02, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 533
  • 08 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 08, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    08 - Mitosis Courtyard, HDR 08, by Pierre Poussin.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 553
Thanks for posting Pierre - we have noticed your fantastic courtyard and posted many pictures of it. Congratulations on winning the competition!

Back