Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

I walked past this building the other day and was amazed at the extentive use of cheap looking aluminum panelling at street level in the back. The configuration of the panelling looked like it was done by a drunk 8 year old (and yes, 8 year olds should not be drinking). As well, the workmanship (or lack thereof) and the quality of the panels, surprised and disappointed me. I would state that I am worried about how it will age, but it already looks like shite.

drunk 8 year olds strike again

the flaws or workmanship of the metal panels on the lower floors is accentuated due to the colour chosen by the brain trust of architects.
they would have been better off using more spandrel glass and a lighter colour of aluminum finish in these areas.

the flaws or workmanship of the metal panels on the lower floors is accentuated due to the colour chosen by the brain trust of architects.
they would have been better off using more spandrel glass and a lighter colour of aluminum finish in these areas.

Or brick, which is really hard to screw up.

This morning. Cladding change.

DSCN4725.jpg

may i be so bold to say, the best looking condo in cityplace?

What's so great about Montage? It's a dark box with a cap on top. At least other CP buildings have some sort of curves.

I'm not sure, but I like it. Lots of simple clean lines. It looks like a giant RAM chip.

Parade has a nice podium, but I agree, Montage is still the one to beat. Montage is not without its flaws, however. I'd like to see a different lighting design for the roof. Perhaps they could install spot lights upwards to illuminate the roof, ala 180 Queen Street West.

montage's podium seems pretty weak to me. when viewing the building from the south, the top looks clean and impressive. from any other angle, however, the top looks awkward. from the north i always feel it looks like a missed opportunity.

I love that dark cladding. Thanks for posting it. It's too bad we're not gonna get as much of it as the render suggested, but oh well.

I also love Montage :)

I really don't like those black spandrel panels. I don't imagine they'll age well. And the mix of brick and spandrels on the podium looks like a cheap-up to me.

Back