Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Are we getting The Cheapening here, or are the balconies where the black glass should be going to be solariums?

414365784_71f0ccf278_o.jpg

ya really... the sculpted form of that black glass in the rendering was the best part of the building and makes it quite diffferent from the standard eliptical shape it is at this point. Lets hope it still happens. The black glass feature faces south, starting 7 floors above the podium in the rendering so we need up to date pics from that angle...

There's an indentation visible in casaguy's picture, maybe the black glass will be installed there? Either way, it looks like the design has been tweaked, as the black cladding should have been installed at the 7th floor above the podium as redroom suggested.

DSCN4615.jpg

yep, that seems to be exactly what's happened... so often the artistic vision doesnt carry through to reality. I notice the podium also seems to be a couple floors shorter than in the drawing.

June 27 2009 update

it appears the black glass portion was to be the 'elite collection' suites which have direct access elevators and private garages ... my guess is those units didn't sell too well (given price tag), Concord Adex in turn converted some of those floors into more 'typical units', which meant the black glass portion was reduced / bumped up

view from Spadina + Gardiner ~

IMG_3948.jpg

And I was at the planning meeting where the initial presentation was made - it started life as a 24s building and was later raised to 28.

Check post #231.

And I was at the planning meeting where the initial presentation was made - it started life as a 24s building and was later raised to 28.

Check post #231.

I meant that in the render shown it is 28 stories, and the black glass should have already started. Which means that it doesn't have anything to do with stories being added, but that they decided to sell less of the elite suites.

Either way, there's definitely something different going on partway up, so I'm sure the black glass is still to come. Either way, this seems to be Cityplace's unexpected gem.

Either way, there's definitely something different going on partway up, so I'm sure the black glass is still to come. Either way, this seems to be Cityplace's unexpected gem.
It looks like it might be but wait for parade (because of the bridge connecting them) and signature when it gets built
Here it is from the Gardener.

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01126.jpg
    DSC01126.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC01127.jpg
    DSC01127.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 245

Back