Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

My apologies to everyone. I made up every shred of that post, including the architect, and I'm not even sure there is a magazine with that title.

I just thought the building had an uncanny resemblance to a stack of laundry baskets, so I thought I'd have a little fun. I actually don't have a problem with the building; it is different and kind of interesting.

It does rather look like stacked laundry baskets. I've never heard of Jens Gregor - that's a pretty good find. If it's where we say it is and it looks anything like the little drawing it will be quite a distinctive element on the waterfront.

Good one. I thought it strange that an architect would admit to being inspired by stacked laundry baskets :lol

I'll reserve judment onthis one yet. It is different to be sure.

Gehry was inspired by the live carp his grandmother kept in the bathtub, so why not laundry baskets?

Something with Cityplace buildings coming out with these preliminary renderings that dont look like they are real proposals. The signature rendering that we first saw also didn't look to be like a real rendering of the tower and much like this one looks like it was thrown together in a hurry.

If you look past the colouring, it seems like a regular cylindrical tower with some grooves in the balconies.

capitol2.jpg

Yeh that's the building that came to mind as well when I first saw the pic. Well we have a nickname for it now- the laundry basket tower.

the top of the tower looks like some of the original models for the signature tower doesn't it?

www.condolifemag.com/showcases/panorama_feb07.pdf

No renderings released yet but for sure Panorama will be separate from the original Cityplace development. The site will be "just south of Cityplace, near Lakeshore Boulevard and Bathurst Street". And will be a "25 storey spire, rising from a six-level podium" and will be connected to the 8 acre park by a landscaped walkway.

And the site has a small render of how the park may end up looking like when complete.

Speaking of influencing and inspiring ideas- Le Corbusier was inspired by a nuns hat he saw while designing his famous chapel in Ronchamp, France...

p5

picture

What is that factory on the right side of the picture? Is that a cement factory? That area in future will look very nice but that facoty will be an eyesore. Is the factory still functioning or are they planning on demolishing it?

Back