Toronto Panda Condominiums | 107.59m | 30s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

Mar 24, 2021

BDF9E1DE-904B-4484-939E-222DA01782CB_1_201_a.jpeg

E8536CBB-53AA-49C1-8644-B15F211F75C0_1_201_a.jpeg

I totally agree.
Thought this was going to be an ugly project for some reason, but it's turning out very nicely.
I don't think the renders did it justice.

It's nice but should have been taller. It gets lost. It's such a huge site they could have gone 200m+

It's nice but should have been taller. It gets lost. It's such a huge site they could have gone 200m+
Erm, it's on the hospital helicopter flight path. Even as it is, they already have to construct the final 3 or so floors without the crane (as per front page article a few days ago and numerous posts here).

I know it's shorter due to helicopter path, I'm saying I wish it was taller.
It's true that this building is well hidden, except from a few vantage points. South of Dundas, it's almost totally blocked by the Eaton Centre and Atrium on Bay. From where I took the picture, the view will be totally blocked by whatever replaces YSL. The best viewpoints (and the ones likely to last) are from the Ryerson pedestrian mall and from Elm St. At least we get a more than decent filler.

Last edited:
There's a fair bit of retail here. Anyone knows what will be here? Perhaps T&T to go with the panda theme? I heard they were looking for a downtown location to replace the one in the port lands.

There's a fair bit of retail here. Anyone knows what will be here? Perhaps T&T to go with the panda theme? I heard they were looking for a downtown location to replace the one in the port lands.
I was hoping for the return of The Worlds Biggest Bookstore...

Back