Toronto Paintbox | ?m | 26s | Daniels | Diamond Schmitt

muV144B.jpg

Blue brick?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2l9JazO.jpg

It's retro! Visually, those recall shutters.

Can't tell for sure, but those look glazed. It goes with the whole retro 50s 60s space age design of the whole building. Good for Giannone Petricone. I'm looking forward to seeing 180 Sackville completed and cleaned up!

There's 4 different colours of brick on 180 Sackville now

So, is that two-colours too-many for Toronto, or three even? Someone better tell Giannone Petricone we don't appreciate a bit of fun in this town.

For me it doesn't recall shutters so much as the various colours of brick that were used throughout the 1950s and 60s on midrise apartment buildings and institutional buildings around this city. Cool touch, even if I'm not yet sure if it works in the context of the building or not. Looking forward to seeing the completed project as a whole.

Yeah, not a fan of the apartment building. Also, I really think these blocks could have supported midrise with ground level retail instead of townhomes. In 20 years when this area is even more built out those townhomes will look just as out of place as the apartments they're replacing now.

They won't look out of place at all; they're across the street from a public school. And why would you put ground level retail in there? That's going in close by on Dundas and on Regent Park Blvd at One Park Place. The area will have plenty. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of quieter streets in here.

Love the retro apartment building.

Yeah, I don't follow having retail on side streets off of Sackville. I just don't see it being successful. Every building can't have retail. Nothing wrong with intensification through redevelopment 40 years from now either.

Back