Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

I recall that Great Gulf waited until the shoring (or was it excavation?) was complete at X2 before moving the equipment over to the One Bloor site. Perhaps they are planning on doing the same thing here, i.e. moving equipment from One Bloor to the Pace site.

Still no movement on the site. :(

I was surprised to see the horrible "Ho Lee chow" restaurant is finally gone too and replaced by a nicely renovated Tim Horton's. Although we want something more exciting, this small change already transformed the vibe of this corner quite a bit I would say. Is there anything being proposed at the NW side next to 222 Jarvis? that site is huge.

Walking down Jarvis, that empty lot at Shutter got no movement either. What has the developer being doing?

What I want most is for the horrible "auto service" on the SW of Queen/Jarvis to go. Fantastic site, purely suburban setting! It would be nice if that Discount car rental office and its lot can be replaced by something more pleasing as well.

No doubt all of that will happen… but tomorrow or next week or next year? Who knows, it doesn't always happen at the speed we want it to.

I'm incredibly excited about this project. Not just because it's D+S (who did a great job with Charlie) but because this project has the potential re-animate this entire neighbourhood. Even though this area is a five minute walk from Yonge and Dundas Square, it often feels isolated and distant from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

I'm incredibly excited about this project. Not just because it's D+S (who did a great job with Charlie) but because this project has the potential re-animate this entire neighbourhood. Even though this area is a five minute walk from Yonge and Dundas Square, it often feels isolated and distant from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

So that's why Pace looks a lot like Charlie. Its the same architect.

Incredibly excited? It may be D+S but this building sold for less than Charlie so I think they'll be cutting corners. What the street needs is good quality 6-8s stone & brick streetwall.

Again, I'm not so much excited for this project in particular as I am for what it could mean for the neighbourhood in general, though I am expecting that it will be a very solid project.

Incredibly excited? It may be D+S but this building sold for less than Charlie so I think they'll be cutting corners. What the street needs is good quality 6-8s stone & brick streetwall.

You are doing it again.

It is not your money and you are just talking as if the land is free and the whole purpose of the project is to give the area more character and that return on investment is not an issue.

Remember the developer buys this land with money. They need the project to be profitable. So for the size of the land, instead of a 42s condo, how many your 6-8 storey stone & brick units can fit there, and how much do you plan to charge for each of those units? And if they did get built, will you buy them for 6-7 times the price Pace is charging now?

Stop trying to make the downtown core Paris or Vienna. It will never be. Land was cheap and population was low, that's why buildings are short. When the time has passed, it is gone forever.

Last edited:
Again, I'm not so much excited for this project in particular as I am for what it could mean for the neighbourhood in general, though I am expecting that it will be a very solid project.

I am with you.
I am excited about any new project happening in the Dundas/Queen East area, particularly west of Sherbourne St. I hope this neighbourhood will be gentrified and revitalized some day. Does the city have any plan to relocate some of the shelters? It is never a good idea to congregate them in one part of the city creating a man-made poverty enclave.

Back