Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

May 21
No great lost for this plaza as it has being going down hill for years. There is also a nice spot a few doors down that needs a development like this.
5745023459_1f53460065_b.jpg

5745024587_73b7f87f51_b.jpg

5745029973_4db6b2c7d5_b.jpg

Well it will be interesting to see where this project goes because they did take a lot of heat at the city meeting and the local residents/neighbours.

Most public meetings in my experience have featured speakers clearly emotional about the change, and whether said change is positive or negative appears to be irrelevant. Outside of this constituency are the large group of people who are ambivalent, uninterested, or in favor of a project, and they don't frequently attend these meetings. My point is, the tone of these meetings is always skewed.

College Park how can anyone be against that awful corner plaza being torn down?...unless they wanted some sort of community center be part of the design.

With the tremendous success GG is having with PACE, think PACE 2 across the steet in that formal Sears parking lot is looking more and more likely.

Anyone know if GG would get their original planned 46 floors?? UT is still listing this as 35s while I know for fact that units up to the 39th floor have been sold.

Was told by a Baker agent that the building is all soldout besides a few no view podium units, but a new release of units above the 39th floor is coming soon pending on approval, I don't know why the city would even give a second thought to this, isn't it their plan to gentrify the area with more income earning families, young professionals? In that area I figure they should welcome a 75 story tower with open arms, perhaps even offering the developer a tax break or two, but why the hold up for merely 46 floors? Pazzles me to think any neighborhood in that area would have any concern about the influx of more "normal people" ??

Weird... Pace Condos is not listed in the NewCondoGuide, not even a single ad or on their regional condos map? With so little publicity and buzz, I was surprised that GG is able to achieve 95% soldout status within a month, there is a real demand out there for attractively priced units in the downtown core, people are placing their bets early on the gentrification of the dundas east corridor, it's about time I say, just wish the city could play along...

Last edited:
Anyone know if GG would get their original planned 46 floors?? UT is still listing this as 35s while I know for fact that units up to the 39th floor have been sold.

Was told by a Baker agent that the building is all soldout besides a few no view podium units, but a new release of units above the 39th floor is coming soon pending on approval, I don't know why the city would even give a second thought to this, isn't it their plan to gentrify the area with more income earning families, young professionals? In that area I figure they should welcome a 75 story tower with open arms, perhaps even offering the developer a tax break or two, but why the hold up for merely 46 floors? Pazzles me to think any neighborhood in that area would have any concern about the influx of more "normal people" ??

Weird... Pace Condos is not listed in the NewCondoGuide, not even a single ad or on their regional condos map? With so little publicity and buzz, I was surprised that GG is able to achieve 95% soldout status within a month, there is a real demand out there for attractively priced units in the downtown core, people are placing their bets early on the gentrification of the dundas east corridor, it's about time I say, just wish the city could play along...

spoken like a true R/E agent and development industry lacky who only cares about their commission and not appropriate city planning considering Jarvis/Dundas is not on a subway line and only has the streetcar along Dundas, with a soon to be again 5-lane through-way up/down Jarvis.

I don't follow your logic, cdr.....just because he/she is pro-development, doesn't make him/her a "lacky", nor an agent.....

/I support this development too, and even though I am in the 'industry', my only interest here is in rejuvenating a nasty corner of the city...

I'm certainly not affilliated with any members of the RE or development industry, Jarvis/Dundas is only a 7 min walk away from the yonge subway line, dundas square, the retail mecca of TO. I missed my chance to get a unit there for cheap when it all started last month, may get one in their upcoming release, just frustrated by all this wait, my understanding is it would obviously greatly benefit current residents of the area by having more new condos, and respectable business around, then again maybe you prefer to live next to a halfway house/homeless shelter or fillmore's?

Last edited:
I don't follow your logic, cdr.....just because he/she is pro-development, doesn't make him/her a "lacky", nor an agent.....

/I support this development too, and even though I am in the 'industry', my only interest here is in rejuvenating a nasty corner of the city...

supporting development is fine, but within context.
a 75s tower at that corner is not appropriate given the gross land area.

46s is all GG is asking for, across the street there is plenty of land just waiting to be developed into something that would anchor the revitalization of the whole area, a 75s tower is entirely conceivable there.

46s is all GG is asking for, across the street there is plenty of land just waiting to be developed into something that would anchor the revitalization of the whole area, a 75s tower is entirely conceivable there.

yes, i understand GG asked for 46s; however, you brought up 75s would be good there.

the land across the street might support 75s but chances are 2x40s with a wrap-around podium street wall along Jarvis and Dundas will be more likely and appropriate.

yes, i understand GG asked for 46s; however, you brought up 75s would be good there.

the land across the street might support 75s but chances are 2x40s with a wrap-around podium street wall along Jarvis and Dundas will be more likely and appropriate.

Agreed, need more density all along Dundas E. corridor, looks like GG all of suddent moved up the occupancy date by 7 month all based on the surprisingly strong sales# I presume, now it's oct1. 2014, good news to those who bought early, not so good for me wasn't aware that the prices have gone up by nearly $22k in a month? wow

I know this belows to the realestate form but couldn't open a new thread there for some reason. like to know what you guys think of the following floor plans?

Looking into either 1 Bedroom Tower Suite South facing A,B (next to elevator) or Tower Suite C (NW Corner unit, unsightly column)or or a 2 Bedroom Tower Suite F (North facing) http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/pace-condos/floor-plans

Last edited:

Back