Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

I'm curious about the "ratings" for this developer GG. Anyone know anything about GG, if they have good quality or are they a nightmare?

Thanks

pretty positive afaik...

Thanks WanderLust for the deets - Pace's neighbour sure doesn't look like a dump. A badly managed reserve fund situation is a nightmere: pay attention all you new condo owners to be - those big 20-30% jumps in condo fees in the first two-three years post-registration are not raised to line board director pockets... The future directors of Pace need only point next door for reserve fund justifications. I'd be SICK if my pad sold for 130K.

Better rendering from Urbanation:

pacecondo.jpg

I like it! It's big, yet slender with classic lines, and will be a beacon for a dingy, long neglected area. It's still somewhat boxy but the base looks decent, and the set back mechanical PH gives a lit bit of an accent on the roof. For this area it's actually more than I expected. Hopefully the height remains.

Thanks WanderLust for the deets - Pace's neighbour sure doesn't look like a dump. A badly managed reserve fund situation is a nightmere: pay attention all you new condo owners to be - those big 20-30% jumps in condo fees in the first two-three years post-registration are not raised to line board director pockets... The future directors of Pace need only point next door for reserve fund justifications. I'd be SICK if my pad sold for 130K.

Hey there. 192 really isn't a dump considering the cards they were dealt. But, they did not have a reserve fund established from their condo corp's birth and had to play catch-up, and then to deal with the lawsuits with the city of Toronto re: rubber stamping shoddy construction that contravened established building codes, whatnot.
PACE is going to freak out a lot of people at 192 whose apartments face north, bascially, the 01 and 02 units, since there's only 4 units per floor in the building (not considering the commercial/office spaces on the 2nd floor).
But it's nice to know that some owners at 192, essentially a couple of owners facing south-west who renovated their units and have now sold for more than 400k, which is by par quite a bargain still for such large apartments downtown. They caught wind of PACE and decided to capitalise and exit and good for them.
But you know what ... I'm really going to pursue buying a unit at PACE, south or south west exposure, higher floor, because it's going to be a magnificent exposure, with little chance of the park due south/west being developed ever.
I never thought such a tower could fit on such a small parcel of land. When I lived at 192, that stripmall that now's going to give birth to PACE used to be half-boarded up at the best of times, people used to take dumps there and pee all over the place, or get shot there. Wow. I love that this little parcel of land is going to move people into the neighbourhood who aren't interested in where their next fix or loonie is coming from.

I hope there's balconies facing south and west, because they only seem to be facing north. Yuck. The south and west views would be magnificent, but what's the point if you can't go outside onto a balcony / terrace to enjoy it ?

No, people will still be able to get pissed drunk at Mounties, or eat the stale donuts at Coffee Time just to the west of PACE.

The Coffee Time closed "for renovations" two years ago. It's currently for lease. It would be great if GG could acquire Mounties (with rooming house upstairs), that little convenience store and ex-CoffeeTime building and use them for Pace.

This development is great for the area. Although the cheap rates at the parking lot just south will likely rise. Heck, that parking lot might get developed, too!

Back